checking lower rad hose connection type

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
checking lower rad hose connection type
I'm going to replace the rad in my 2000 HDI, I'm aware that there are two types of clips but not which one supersedes which? 

ECP has a warning on their site about the rad:
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeo...522&000261

The Nissens site seems to have the correct style clip for my car in the diagram. 

So whats the give? If  I get the Nissens rad from eBay, complete gamble on what the clip type is or?
Thanks given by:
Quick release is the newer style so will be that on a HDi.
Thanks given by:
ahhhh I edited my post before submitted by mistake...

Mine is a HDI and has the wire clip (metal wire clip that is, NOT the QR Plastic style)
But is an early (?) 2000 HDI, But from goolging I've seen PH2's with the plastic style QR clip, unless I'm mistaken/owners have butchered cars?

See: Ph2 with QR Plastic clip http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/forum/...iator-hose

Mine is a newer car with an older clip?
Thanks given by:
The wire clip is the quick release one (when they were new, now they're more of a pain lol). That plastic ring style is the older ph1 style. Most ph2 and all ph3 have the metal clip.
Thanks given by:
wow, I thought the plastic clip would be the newer style!
surprised they moved away from that, it must be an awful connection as the wire clip is no better!

Thanks for the help!
Thanks given by:
Wire clip was a much better design when new. Problem is by now they're all seized in so it ends up being worse lol. Confused
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diameter of the elbow for turbo connection mattbarker32 5 1,349 18-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Last Post: toseland
Rainbow Gold connection box like a amplifier Welshy_Pete 4 1,093 21-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Last Post: toseland
  lexia connection problem phil clark 8 3,988 06-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Last Post: phil clark