air filter straight on turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
air filter straight on turbo
whats the best way to get to turbo cos thinking about putting air filter straight on turbo
Thanks given by:
I think you'll end up sucking in all the hot air off the engine & exhaust Sad
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: willkirk93
move the turbo.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Didn't think people bothered running filters on XUDs these days... lol
^^^ What he said defiltered is the way forward Wink

when I got the car I could hear the turbo but wen my car went into garage for new clutch they noticed the pipe had fell of the turbo so they asked me if I wanted it fitted so I said yes and now cant hear the turbo and my car is really sluggish so been told to put filter on turbo and make a cold air feed just not sure the easiest way to get to turbo
Thanks given by:
Are you sure the standard filter is alright?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
not using standard filter and only want to run air filter on turbo for the sound lol ive just got the pipe I need just waiting for my new smaller air filter to turn up
Thanks given by:
Fair one.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'd get some kind of mesh and just put that on & cable tie around to secure it or something.

Dunno if it's an entirely good idea but I've seen it done a few times on drift cars without problems
Thanks given by:
Jubilee clip and a sieve will keep rocks, animals and small children from being sucked in.

*disclaimer: it'll probably end up dead if you run anything less than a proper filter*
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(22-01-2016, 02:35 AM)Adam CD P1 Wrote: Dunno if it's an entirely good idea but I've seen it done a few times on drift cars without problems

You've seen it on cars that do maybe 10 miles a week? Try it on a car that does 15,000 a year! 
And then open the bores and check for wear, open up the turbo and check it's health with a microscope, looking ok and being ok are entirely different.
Thanks given by:
Sieve mesh massively cuts down the intake size! Filters use a huge surface area to avoid that.
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2016, 10:46 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Sieve mesh massively cuts down the intake size!  Filters use a huge surface area to avoid that.

True that actually yeah better off with the filter
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air filter for turbo bashbarnard 11 2,609 01-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Nath140889
  Gauze/filter in oil line/turbo? Ben 13 3,747 10-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Last Post: ozonehostile