Do I need to replace my 13" spare wheel?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I need to replace my 13" spare wheel?
Got a 155/80/13 spare !
Lucky I haven't lost it as it leaves the carrier loose under the car !! Although the spare's clamp/hooky/thread thingybob actually bottoms out and traps the hook against the carrier and shouldn't let it drop. I've been hearing a noise over bad bumps, but thought it was prolly the rear silencer, which is ALSO the wrong size and finishes 4 inches before it reaches the bumper. I saw that the spare's tread was ok when I bought the car but have only just seen the size of the tire when I was sorting the brakes this week. It does fit over the rear disc, I tried it, but haven't tried it on the front yet. It's probably going to snag the front caliper, and although the overall diameter is a match for the 185/60, I'm dubious about the offset being correct too.

Dammit, can't even post in the wanted section yet!  Rofl
WoW! That was cheap!  Inlove
Thanks given by:
It won't fit the front I don't think, got a million 14" steels here if u want one lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
^ what he said, won't go on the front. But the benefit of a 306 is you can jack it up at the front and get both front and rear wheels off the floor, then just stick the spare on the rear and the rear on the front (assuming you had a front puncture)

To stop the knocking, you could always stick a bit of wood above the wheel against the boot floor.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(11-12-2015, 03:15 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: It won't fit the front I don't think, got a million 14" steels here if u want one lol

Oooooo! Rollin on steelies eh? Now you got me thinkin!!! Got any rusty ones. Wink they'll suit The Scratcher best. I might be in touch after xmas, if there's any money left. 

(11-12-2015, 07:49 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: ^ what he said, won't go on the front. But the benefit of a 306 is you can jack it up at the front and get both front and rear wheels off the floor, then just stick the spare on the rear and the rear on the front (assuming you had a front puncture)

To stop the knocking, you could always stick a bit of wood above the wheel against the boot floor.

Yeap, the weight of the HDI should balance it nicely! Wood it is then!  Big Grin
WoW! That was cheap!  Inlove
Thanks given by:
Bit of 3x2 about 12 inches long should do the trick.. ThumbsUp
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spare wheel on a Rallye... Ben_w 4 1,064 23-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Ben_w
  Spare wheel Niall 14 2,630 17-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Niall
  hub repair replace? sqweeky 10 2,373 20-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Last Post: sqweeky