Few questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few questions
K03 has two nuts, gt15 has the thumbwheel. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Legend Smile getting it on my mates ramp probably tomorrow, see what I have Smile
Thanks given by:
does anyone have a fuse diagram? my central locking has stopped working, think its a fuse, also my stereo has stopped working too :/
Thanks given by:
http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/forum/...uses-1.jpg

here you go
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Another problem Sad takes forever to start, cuts out at around 50ish, that was until today. Now today she works fine. The day after I order a new high pressure pump :/
Thanks given by:
You need to get some diag tools on it to pin point what's up with it. Swapping out parts on a whim is an expensive way to sort it.

In my experience if it is being a pain to start and slow to build fuel pressure when starting but the HP pump is meeting the pressure demand when flooring it at 3k rpm then it'll be the injectors. Is the head around the injectors dry or are the unions of the high pressure pipes on the injector a bit loose?
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2016, 11:40 AM)DeeTurbo Wrote: You need to get some diag tools on it to pin point what's up with it. Swapping out parts on a whim is an expensive way to sort it.

In my experience if it is being a pain to start and slow to build fuel pressure when starting but the HP pump is meeting the pressure demand when flooring it at 3k rpm then it'll be the injectors. Is the head around the injectors dry or are the unions of the high pressure pipes on the injector a bit loose?
Heads dry. I ordered another hp pump so we will see I suppose, diagnostics just say something about fuel pump
Thanks given by:
Got a code? What diagnostics are you using, has it got decent live data feeds?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
P0230, primary fuel something or other

OK more on my problem and what iv done already.

Takes forever to start (sometimes doesn't start unless I use easy start, turns over, Rev counter shows about 500ish but doesn't start. Battery and starter fine by the way. Taken a diesel pipe off by injectors to check for supply, which I have but hardly no pressure. Once running will idle fine, pull off fine, sometimes when I get to 35 it will cut out, sometimes it doesn't till I get to about 50 ish. When it cuts out, I have to take key out, ignition on (whilst still moving) and bump it in what ever gear it's in. Sometimes it doesn't rev and dies (like no fuel) other time it's all good.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, primary fuel circuit, covers most of the fuel components tbh. Considering the "black sand" you found in the lp pump housing and description of other symptoms, i'd be replacing that first if anything. Be best if you could find someone locally willing to temporarily swap parts to see if it fixes the problem, save spending out for something that may not solve the issue. Check the hp pump regulator is clean and clear too.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well I changes the one in the tank and had the same problem, so bought a hp pump from eBay, didn't realise it's a cambelt off job so it's getting done next Thursday :/
Thanks given by:
Turns out it was the hp pump. Changed it and voila all works even did a 150 mile journey without missing a beat
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear it's fixed.
Thanks given by:
Good job, glad it's all sorted.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: