306 hdi estate air filter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi estate air filter
Hi! Just bought myself a hdi estate! It's had a stage 1 map! Now I had a massive k&n lying around and have decided to fit it as the car just had the standard air box! Now my question is, should I wait for a stage 2 map before doing this or am I just being over cautious? Haha

[Image: 968847f6de472e63117558a1db47e7e9.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The map wont matter but the standard box is far superior to the k&n you have fitted, so basically you made your car slower Smile
Thanks given by:
looks like the filter needs a clean anyway Wink
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Put the oem box on.. the current setup is sucking hot air from the radiator and will reduce performance
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum, good work on buying the best engine and getting stuck stright in! Big Grin

It's as hdi-power says tbh, there were a load of tests done a few years back that proved every cone filter available either performed worse than the stock filter or equally. And the one's that were as good were Expensive lol. That said, if you just want the noise go for it, although there is a theory they kill mafs.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well I was given this k&n ages ago and have had it on my Ka turbo and mk2 fiesta so thought I might as well put it on here too haha
I'll run it for a couple weeks to see how she goes and then swap back to test the difference
She runs ok atm though tbh
Thanks given by:
Its not going to cause any mad noticeable issues right away, just when pushing it the filter will be sucking red hot air from the engine bay limiting power and if its oiled it will kill your MAF in swift order.
Thanks given by:
I may swap back then hahaha
Thanks given by:
I put a cone filter on my old corsa. Maf was ruined in 4 days haha
Thanks given by:
Bet it sounded awesome for those 4 days though. Wink
Thanks given by:
Standard air box is back on haha
Thanks given by: