XUD build

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD build
Right so I want to build a 1.9XUD to go into my 306. I've done loads of research looking at loads of threads on here and tonnes of you tube videos. I've come up with a list of bits to get. Basically what I want is an engine that's powerful enough to embarrass other cars but reliable and economical as I want to daily it.

My list is as follows: 1.9XUD, ported & polished head, uprated valve springs, high quality head gasket, Hybrid Garrett GT25, 3" turbo back exhaust, HDI con rods, 11mm pump and injectors, FMIC, Meth injection, upgraded clutch, upgraded radiator with electric fans & waterless coolant, oil cooler and braided lines.

Any suggestions as to anything else I might need ? Thank you in advance Smile

Adam
Thanks given by:
Forget the hdi rods and get forged ones instead and you will most certainly need some ARP head studs... Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2015, 02:18 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Forget the hdi rods and get forged ones instead and you will most certainly need some ARP head studs... Smile

How much do forged ones cost ? Damn I knew I was forgetting something cheers for that haha don't wanna be lifting the head
Thanks given by:
Head gasket you want a multi layered steel one. Rods forged. The gt25 hybrid was jammapic iirc loads of cheaper easier turbos out there. Arps will be a massive help. How much power are you aiming for as you may want a 10mm pump or a 12mm (doubtful) fmic is a definite. Meth injection? Just why may i ask? Upgraded clutch yes. Looked into waterless coolant didnt seem to be worth the hassle. Youll need xantia manifold as well for the fmic. Rad id leave unless you are going to track it. Probably something ive missed.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
A Nissans rad is a good buy, not silly expensive but good in my experience Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Think you'll be ok with stock valve springs in the XUD9
Thanks given by:
What they said also.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2015, 03:17 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Head gasket you want a multi layered steel one. Rods forged. The gt25 hybrid was jammapic iirc loads of cheaper easier turbos out there. Arps will be a massive help. How much power are you aiming for as you may want a 10mm pump or a 12mm (doubtful) fmic is a definite. Meth injection? Just why may i ask?  Upgraded clutch yes. Looked into waterless coolant didnt seem to be worth the hassle. Youll need xantia manifold as well for the fmic. Rad id leave unless you are going to track it. Probably something ive missed.
Ah cheers I'll go for them so, What type of turbo would you recommend ? I want something that's not too slow to spool up. I'm looking for around 150/170bhp if possible ? I heard it's a god power booster is all it's not really something I'm too bothered with but if it helps haha. So would I just be better off with a high quality coolant then ? Oh cheers for that I'll add that to the list Smile Ah cool well that makes it a cheaper build then hahaha.

(02-12-2015, 04:02 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Think you'll be ok with stock valve springs in the XUD9

Aw cool I was afraid of having problems with the standard ones I wanna build a reliable one so

(02-12-2015, 03:50 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: A Nissans rad is a good buy, not silly expensive but good in my experience Smile

I'll have a look into that, Cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
That's low power expectations for what you're doing, could simplify that built if 160bhp is ok by you Smile
Thanks given by:
Gt2052\56s arps modded 9mm pump, no clutch needed, fmic should see you that power. Nice quick spooling turbo. Id also put rods in to be on the safe side.

Also for coolant i use prestone, other people will have their preferences though its just what i personally prefer using.
Thanks given by: Adam CD P1
(02-12-2015, 05:11 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: That's low power expectations for what you're doing, could simplify that built if 160bhp is ok by you Smile

So I could get more power then that ? :O I'd like to have much much more then that but I just thought that'd be a reasonable figure to expect haha. The important figure though is torque

(02-12-2015, 05:50 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Gt2052\56s arps modded 9mm pump, no clutch needed, fmic should see you that power. Nice quick spooling turbo. Id also put rods in to be on the safe side.

Also for coolant i use prestone, other people will have their preferences though its just what i personally prefer using.

Aw sweet cheers dude that's a much simpler and cheaper set up than I anticipated Smile Yeah I'm definitely gonna do rods I need it to be reliable, should I go for forged rods as Mattcheese31said above or will HDI's do me ok ? Bearing in mind I've put 29,000 miles on my current daily since August 2014 lol. Ah cool I'll have a look into Prestone thanks dude Smile

(02-12-2015, 05:50 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Gt2052\56s arps modded 9mm pump, no clutch needed, fmic should see you that power. Nice quick spooling turbo. Id also put rods in to be on the safe side.

Also are you the same dude that's Bash Barnard on you tube ? I've been following as many people on youtube that are building these as I can so I can learn more haha
Thanks given by:
Ok so I've been searching for forged con rods for an XUD9 for ages now. Are they something that has to be made ? Cause I can't find anywhere to buy them Huh
Thanks given by:
Yeah tough to find.
If you just heading for 160bhp then hdi rods or 16v hdi rods be a decent upgrade tbh.
Wishes for more power...
Yeah i also upload videos to youtube occasionally not like piggy or darren though. I currently have some hdi 16v rods that i bought for my current build will upload some videos in jan when i get round to doing it. getting them made seems to be the thing although i do Belive there are some still for sale on this forum somewhere. very pricey though. and you also need to change the bearings to the hdi type sputter bearings when swapping the rods
(02-12-2015, 09:32 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah tough to find.
If you just heading for 160bhp then hdi rods or 16v hdi rods be a decent upgrade tbh.

Ah sweet that's what I'm gonna do then. Do you know how much power HDI or 16v HDI rods can take ?

(02-12-2015, 10:08 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Yeah i also upload videos to youtube occasionally not like piggy or darren though. I currently have some hdi 16v rods that i bought for my current build will upload some videos in jan when i get round to doing it. getting them made seems to be the thing although i do Belive there are some still for sale on this forum somewhere. very pricey though. and you also need to change the bearings to the hdi type sputter bearings when swapping the rods

Yeah I've seen a few of them the m-tdi m-hdi build is interesting. Yeah I'm gonna go for either HDI or 16v HDI rods cause I am on limited funds haha. I'll get nice ones made eventually. Ah cool I will do thanks for letting me know.
Thanks given by:
The later engines seem to have bigger rods in. The ones i have are from a c8 i think 2007 and are huge! Saying this tom manages to bend the same set at 200ish bhp so who knows what they will do. Good upgrade but we will see how they perform
Thanks given by:
By the way thank you all for the advice I appreciate it Smile I'm probably asking stupid questions as I'm new to this but I'm learning haha. I know my stuff about cars and diesels I've had a few cars apart and my Dad and I are currently doing a bare shell restoration on a Mini. Really like the 306's though this one's definitely for keeps ! I have a lot of plans for it so

(02-12-2015, 10:22 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: The later engines seem to have bigger rods in. The ones i have are from a c8 i think 2007 and are huge! Saying this tom manages to bend the same set at 200ish bhp so who knows what they will do. Good upgrade but we will see how they perform

Aw right I'll have a look out for them. There's a huge cheap breakers yard about 40 mins from me so I'll have to spend some time there. It's just the 2.0 HDI and 16v HDI ones that fit isn't it ?
Thanks given by:
Ah more Irish, welcome, welcome Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Lol yep welcome also. good plans u have there hope all goes well for ya  Rofl
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2015, 03:05 AM)HDi--Power Wrote: Ah more Irish, welcome, welcome Big Grin

Thank you Smile

(03-12-2015, 08:17 AM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: Lol yep welcome also. good plans u have there hope all goes well for ya  Rofl

Cheers mate Smile Hope so too I drive all over the country so I don't wanna get caught out in Cork or something with a rod out the side of the block hahaha. Do you know if theres any forum's or fb group or anything fro 306's or D Tub's or anything in Ireland ?
Thanks given by:
Not that I no of but then im not on fb :-) why Wat u need u going to mod that pump ur self if so and ur not sure what goes were give me buzz I have done all my own pumps so fare no problems lol

Not that I no of but then im not on fb :-) why Wat u need u going to mod that pump ur self if so and ur not sure what goes were give me buzz I have done all my own pumps so fare no problems lol
(03-12-2015, 03:36 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: Not that I no of but then im not on fb :-) why Wat u need u going to mod that pump ur self if so and ur not sure what goes were give me buzz I have done all my own pumps so fare no problems lol

Hahaha I don't blame you not being on it. Yeah I'm definitely gonna need help with it, I understand how to turn them up and that but I think it's better to rebuild it considering what I want it to do and that I'm modding it anyway. Cheers for that I'll drop you a message on this or something when I'm starting that. Is it ok to add you to the "buddies list" ? I dunno how all that works on this but I'm presuming it's an easier way of reaching people etc haha
Thanks given by:
Ye no problem man  check out my twin turbo projet thread might  give you a ffew idea's :-)
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2015, 09:47 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: Ye no problem man  check out my twin turbo projet thread might  give you a ffew idea's :-)

Ah cheers Smile Will do I'll check that out now
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2015, 09:47 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: Ye no problem man  check out my twin turbo projet thread might  give you a ffew idea's :-)

How you gettin on with your yoke paddy? She on the road full time now?

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2015, 10:23 PM)daveylennon93 Wrote:

How you gettin on with your yoke paddy? She on the road full time now?

Funny a nuf she's up for test in the morning so on the road tomara if she passes lol
Thanks given by: