Turbo downpipe?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo downpipe?
Alright guys Smile
Now I'm in my full time job i'm going to start getting a few bits and pieces done on my car. I want to get on of those flanges that HDI Tuning make so that I can have a 2.5" down pipe made up custom.
I know shops won't find it hard fabricating the down pipe with a flange pre made but I am wondering how hard it would be to remove the little down pipe that's already bolted to the turbo while the car is on a ramp? Would it be a complete pain in the backside for them?

If it would be far too difficult how would you recommend getting a 2.5" downpipe as currently these cars have that weird flange connection coming from the turbo or is that fairly standard.

Thanks Smile , Jack
Thanks given by:
It'll be a ballache to remove, possibly looking at snapped studs which will need drilling out to replace and it's a nightmare to access. They'll need to at least mock up the downpipe in situ as otherwise they'll struggle to get the correct rotation and fitment, bear in mind the original item is such a weird shape because it needs to avoid things like gear linkages, so i doubt very much you'll get it to be a smooth 2.5" bend. Don't know how much it'll be to get done, but wouldn't have thought it'd be cheap.

Jonny has a few of these that he's been promising to make something useful out of for months, try giving him a shout.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ahhh that's a hassle. Mind u there are enough people running great maps with that price still being used and then just a good exhaust replacing the cat, mid and back box isn't there?
Thanks given by: