Service Schedule?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Service Schedule?
I have made up a quick service schedule for my car. I am useless at remembering what I have done when haha. I intend to keep the car running sweet for as long as possible really. Here is my quick schedule. Is there anything you recommend me to add or millages for things I should change?
It currently is this. With the colours showing the mileages at which each item/fluid would be changed Smile

[Image: dov3wj.jpg]

Thanks Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Might wanna add brake fluid.. Its about 2 years iirc.. Depends how long you have the car lol
Thanks given by:
only thing i'd do different is fuel filter same time as oil & air. (My personal pref) you'd have the hood up anyway lol
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Coolant and gear oil don't need changing that often really. In fact nothing needs changing that often on these, I know you're trying to preserve it but changing oil at 6k on a DW10 is a waste of oil and money really, especially when you're using genuine parts.

Yearly or 10-12k is fine for oil and filters on these. Coolant should last at least 3 years+. Brake fluid every 2 years but not many do that lol. Gear oil when you do a clutch or driveshaft, doesn't need to be routine.
Thanks given by:
My gear oil does need doing apparently I have a leaky gearbox seal :/
Thanks given by:
Well there you go then, once that's replaced it probably won't need doing again under your ownership. Smile
Thanks given by:
Need to get it sorted tbf. Only got told it by the people that did my clutch. Daft really considering they had it all apart and could have flippin changed it.
Thanks given by:
They probably damaged the seal on the way back in...cant really reuse old ones, I've made that mistake before. So much more difficult to change once it's back in the car as well. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
You'd be mugging yourself with that kind of schedule. If you drive very hard changing the oil every 6000 isn't overkill, but the rest of it can wait a lot longer. The air filter won't need changing more than every 15k, fuel filter 20k, coolant almost never - pretty sure that stuffs good for 6 years or something daft.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah, any OAT coolant is fine for a good 5 years. I changed the stuff in my V50 for the first time in 10 years when I did the cambelt, checked it, was absolutely fine - no signs of any corrosion or changes in thermal protection...

Oil if you're driving hard and with a map on, it's fair to drop it to 6k or so. Fuel filter - meh, again, driving hard doesn't affect it, buying a good quality genuine filter is all you need. Air filter - get PP2k and monitor your MAF flow, any point it starts going down you can replace the filter and be sure that you're never impacting on performance.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Awesome. And yeah it does get driven well on ocations haha Tongue

As for stuff like that air flow meter I need to get my self an old laptop first. Only have windows 7 and apparently it don't work with that.
Thanks given by: