VED changes again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VED changes again
So have a read. Specially about 2017 http://researchbriefings.files.parliamen...N01482.pdf
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Makes no difference to those of us who own second hand cars. Basically just a flat rate for almost every car sold from 2017 onwards
Thanks given by:
So essentially:
VED will go more towards road maintenance?- good right?

And its a flat rate of 140 for all cars after 2017?

What I always laugh at is this "people won't buy low emmisions cars if the VED isn't also low/free"....
Sorry, but if you base your decision of spending £1000s on a brand new car on the difference of paying essentially £2.50 a week on tax or not.... You're mental.

My employers were all excited about their latest cars, "bluemotion" versions of the Golf and Tourag.
£30 a yr for the golf and not much more for the 4X4.

Yet they paid considerably MORE for the "bluemotion" privlege and got a crappy version of the model in the process!

/rant
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just thought it was interesting. Not that it will come to light. More than likely just going to change there minds again.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
It will happen, has been around for months!

I'm hoping to buy a brand new petrol car with 0 tax on '66 plate... Loads about already and will be more by then. I really like Mums new Swift if I'm honest, would need a bigger boot and more comfort myself but she's averaging better mpg in a 96bhp petrol than I do in a 110bhp diesel... 3 years and NO faults as well... Well except 3 windscreens but that's the fault of a lorry and autoglass lol.

I don't agree with Piggys argument, even on old cars I look for a pre 2001 petrol or post 2001 diesel for cheaper tax... Yes people pay more because of a bluemotion name, but those people are often more concerned by the environment and emissions than the actual price of the tax. Hence why they write 'bluemotion' or '0 emission' on the bootlid rather than 'cheap tax'. lol
Thanks given by:
my dad has a '55 1.4hdi 206, £35/year tax Doh
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Not that blue motion actually means low emissions as it turns out lmao
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
whatever you do, don't get me started on cars like the Toyota Pious! Censored
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2015, 10:29 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: my dad has a '55 1.4hdi 206, £35/year tax Doh

Expensive! Mines £30 a year on the Focus... Sisters C1 is free. Dodgy

(28-11-2015, 10:49 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Not that blue motion actually means low emissions as it turns out lmao

Depends which emissions you measure...I mean who actually see's nox anyway... Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
£35 isnt expensive for tax Tom!.. Myself and most other forum users pay £230 a year in tax! HDI or no HDI! Use the forum daily but forget about how expensive it is to tax a 306 Tongue
Thanks given by:
Or you missed the irony/sarcasm... Wink

I'm well aware how expensive 306s are to tax lol... You bought the wrong one though, it's a 'cheap' £140 a year on HDi's if you'd bought Y reg or newer. Tongue Equally anyone daft enough to buy a GTi6 on Y reg will be paying nearly £300 a year...that'd cover mine for it's 10 year lifespan... lol
Thanks given by:
306's aren't expensive, look up a petrol range rover, or something like an aston...
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Or Rowell's Saab... Confused

But yes, anything over £150 is expensive for tax imo, all relative though, someone buying a Range Rover probably isn't looking for economy...
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2015, 05:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Or you missed the irony/sarcasm... Wink

I'm well aware how expensive 306s are to tax lol...  You bought the wrong one though, it's a 'cheap' £140 a year on HDi's if you'd bought Y reg or newer. Tongue  Equally anyone daft enough to buy a GTi6 on Y reg will be paying nearly £300 a year...that'd cover mine for it's 10 year lifespan... lol

you believe it'll last that long? Rofl
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Not with me it won't so I don't really care haha. lol I'll be surprised if it makes it to triple figures mileage in all honesty lol, it's already old for a modern car and not even hit 60k yet.
Thanks given by:
Yeah the 66 plate zero tax cars will be coveted for years to come. Should help resale values.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
More than happy to keep my £30 per year Smile
Thanks given by:
if the tax was based on the numbers from each mot, you veggie runners would be onto a winner Idea
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
~£230 a year for an XUD and tbh I don't really give a shit...
Thanks given by:
I don't understand the motives behind flat - rating VED. Anyone got any ideas? Just seems to be a disincentive (if a minor one) for your average Joe to buy a LEV, and a nice saving for those wealthy enough to buy stuff that used to be in very high tax brackets.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Come on Kez, not everything is about rich people... lol

The majority of cars bought now are low tax band cars, £0-£30...it's pretty obvious the gov't won't get enough in tax from that!!

Cars over £40k will pay a lot more anyway (£450 a year), poor rich people. Sad And electric cars will still be free, not that poor people can afford those tbf, plus the range is rubbish unless you can afford a Tesla which is why people don't want them. LEV's will still be desirable to Joe Bloggs due to the fuel efficiency.
Thanks given by:
But £150 difference on tax on a 500 quid car makes sense...
Not on a £15k car!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No-ones paying £15k for a £15k car though...

Majority are paying a relatively small amount of finance each month, low fuel bills (due to mileage caps and modern efficiency), low insurance (brand new cars cost sod all to insure even for a high risk like myself), no maintenance bills. Then they sell on the car when it still has a load of value left after a year or two. So the tax each month does make a massive difference.

It was actually gutting when I saw my Mums 3 year costs for a brand new car (bought outright, p/x'ing previous car) against my old Focus, even including depreciation she'd paid far less than I have for Focus/Vectra/many 306s in the same amount of time! New cars make a lot of sense if you can afford the original outlay and buy the right ones!
Thanks given by:
I disagree, a good used car is till an economical buy. (unlass you buy a crock of crap like my 1st one)
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2015, 01:02 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: I don't understand the motives behind flat - rating VED. Anyone got any ideas? Just seems to be a disincentive (if a minor one) for your average Joe to buy a LEV, and a nice saving for those wealthy enough to buy stuff that used to be in very high tax brackets.

I thought this would be something you would approve of seeing as you don't like the "make the poor poorer" idea of the current government.
Anyone who buys a car under £40k will probably save money on tax. Tax was always going to go up for what is currently low emissions cars because its old tech and no longer low emission in comparison to some.
People who can comfortably afford a 40k+ car though will pay more. So surely this is a saving to the poorer and a tax on the richer?
Not that it matters anyway because owning and driving a car is a privilege and not a right so if you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Simples.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2015, 10:42 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: ~£230 a year for an XUD and tbh I don't really give a shit...

I am the same on a hdi the car costs next to nothing to run cheap as chips.
Thanks given by:
Pay like £17 a month to tax my meg.. its just another f*cking bill too me.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by: