Daze's Ph1.5 (Ph2 converted) DTurbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daze's Ph1.5 (Ph2 converted) DTurbo
How are you finding the hdi gearbox then man? Also nice seats!!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Good progress mate. The car has certainly come along way since you bought it.

Nice to see someone fitting some different seats in a 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2016, 07:13 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: How are you finding the hdi gearbox then man? Also nice seats!!

Driven the car about 50 miles so far with the HDI gearbox, great so far!! It hasn't dropped ratios quite as much as I'd have hoped in 5th gear if I'm completely honest, but its definitely better. Sitting at 70-75mph feels a LOT less stressing on the engine Smile

(27-03-2016, 07:48 AM)Frosty Wrote: Good progress mate. The car has certainly come along way since you bought it.

Nice to see someone fitting some different seats in a 306.

Thanks mate! Yeah for sure, I haven't seen that many people fit these kind of seats in a 306 before at all!

HDI gearbox was fitted on Saturday by my mate who works in a garage, he does me a great price and I get to pester him with questions & take photos Rofl And it means I don't get my hands dirty on my driveway at home!

Anyway, into his workshop, onto the ramp
[Image: 25989878431_24ac87fb64_b.jpg]

Whilst he removed battery tray, battery & air filter box...
[Image: 26056207455_cf59816d9f_b.jpg]

...I did a quick air filter change. Lol
[Image: 25783361860_1d2fb0f7e0_b.jpg]

Old 'box supported
[Image: 26056207345_af64d79fff_b.jpg]

Then sump/engine supported too, then removed shortly after
[Image: 26030285136_ea1acac0e3_b.jpg]

Removing roll-pin from clutch fork on D Turbo gearbox
[Image: 25989877821_4cfbbc6c72_b.jpg]

HDI gearbox on left, D Turbo on right. Basically identical
[Image: 26056207065_61947db691_b.jpg]

New clutch oil seal installed
[Image: 25963681872_e8ae571cfa_b.jpg]

New clutch fork nylon bushes & clutch fork installed with some grease
[Image: 25783360610_d6afa7ffd5_b.jpg]

Old clutch & pressure plate
[Image: 25989877171_7f4c05ef66_b.jpg]

New clutch, pressure plate & release bearing. Bit odd that the release bearing was already snapped onto the pressure plate, meaning we had to lever the clutch fork around the release bearing on install, bit of a pain, but took my mate maybe 5 mins extra he said
[Image: 26056206435_3289d06aa2_b.jpg]

New & old gear linkages (Miles gear linkage)
[Image: 26056206275_d2ecb95b95_b.jpg]

Installed
[Image: 25989876661_1a9f130279_b.jpg]

HDI gearbox in, linkages attached
[Image: 25783360020_c32d12225b_b.jpg]

Getting there!
[Image: 25963681172_aa5fbb51df_b.jpg]

New & old clutch cables
[Image: 25453649713_a623549154_b.jpg]

New cable installed
[Image: 25783358920_0034efa943_b.jpg]

Top up with oil, and job done!
[Image: 25963679932_a6e9ff89ba_b.jpg]

Every single part I've used here (apart from the Miles gear linkage kit) was with genuine Peugeot parts as well, which is great. All in all, really pleased with it. Cruising at 70mph on the motorway seems a lot less stressing on the engine, she now sits at about 2.3k rpm rather than the 2.8k rpm that she used to - not as much difference as I'd have liked, but enough to warrant the swap for sure!

Clutch & gear changing is also now superb, I've also now removed the clutch spring on the pedal, very smooth pedal! Gear linkage is spot on, a lot more precise, no rattling, ideal!
Thanks given by:
No photos, but oil filter & oil changed on the weekend. Oil was Gulf Competition 10w40, only the best lol! Also fuel filter changed, really easy jobs! Car is running spot on.

I've also half installed a new stereo & under-seat subwoofer, I'll get photos of that shortly once its all finished.

I have a 400 mile round trip to Nottingham & back to do this week, that'll be a good test of the new HDI gearbox Smile
Thanks given by:
Glad to see it's coming along dude!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Be interested to hear your thoughts on the under seat sub, plan on using one of those in the 205.
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2016, 10:19 AM)silverzx Wrote: Glad to see it's coming along dude!

Thanks, yup yup Smile

(04-04-2016, 03:01 PM)allye Wrote: Be interested to hear your thoughts on the under seat sub, plan on using one of those in the 205.

Its installed & working now, but not as neat as I'd like, hence no photos yet. But, its very good! The subwoofer I'm using is a Beat Enhance EHSW8ACT, though I actually bought it about 2 years ago and have been using it in my Land Rover in that time. Now I'm selling the Landy, I thought the 306 should have it Smile Anyway, I'll get you some photos of how I've done it soon!

---

Today I've replaced my front lower pinch bolts, as we noticed last week when removing them (for HDI gearbox/clutch) that they were odd & one was worn, so piece of mind for a few minutes a side & a few quid off eBay!

This was the worn one, you can see the groove in the shank
[Image: 25632232674_160357a387_b.jpg]

Half way through
[Image: 25964098420_b0ed905077_b.jpg]

The other side seemed fine, but I replaced it anyway
[Image: 26170700661_7c85ed5043_b.jpg]

And gave her a bit of a wash too. All done Smile
[Image: 26144538702_bee9191b49_b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I mean what's the sound like rather than how to fit it! With the van I've got plenty of space to fit fit a small 8 or 10' box but a under seat one would be a lot neater.
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2016, 07:25 PM)allye Wrote: I mean what's the sound like rather than how to fit it! With the van I've got plenty of space to fit fit a small 8 or 10' box but a under seat one would be a lot neater.

I see haha. Yeah it sounds great! It gives a nice kick, especially when loud. I found without it, driving on the motorway, bass was basically non-existent due to road noise taking over. With the sub, I can hear/feel it a lot more! I listen to heavy metal/rock music mostly all the time, so probably not the best music to test with, but I think its worth doing for sure! Smile
Thanks given by:
I daresay a lot of people follow things on here as they are different or interesting or powerful. I really like this thread though. The attention to detail and quality of parts you put on this shows you really like the car and i guarantee it will be good to you if you use the quality parts. So keep up the good work and enjoy it man. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Really nice motor...love the quality pics too...what you using?

May regret the copper grease on the fork bushes though fyi :/
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Good stuff mate, as said i really do like reading your updates with the detail you go to and the pics.

As for the release bearing being in the pressure plate that is how they are meant to be. When removing the gearbox you should take the clutch lever pin out so you can get the lever off and the fork turns out of the release bearing and slides out. I expect the box was a tad heard to pull off?

Im the same with piggy on the copper grease, i tend to make sure all is clean and no grease as my way of thinking is that the clutch dust etc sticks to the grease. Im the same with brakes my that just my opinion. Great stuff any way Smile
Thanks given by:
Great progress but piggy is right with regards to the copper slip. The bushes are Teflon so are self lubricating.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Heavy metal? I'm out.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2016, 08:50 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I daresay a lot of people follow things on here as they are different or interesting or powerful. I really like this thread though. The attention to detail and quality of parts you put on this shows you really like the car and i guarantee it will be good to you if you use the quality parts. So keep up the good work and enjoy it man. Smile

Thanks mate, appreciate that! That's exactly what I'm going for with this car. Not particularly paying attention to performance, just concentrating to keeping the car very well maintained. Perhaps some performance items will come in the future, but at the moment I'm happy with the car as it is Smile

(04-04-2016, 09:18 PM)Piggy Wrote: Really nice motor...love the quality pics too...what you using?

May regret the copper grease on the fork bushes though fyi :/

Thanks! Photos are taken using Sony A7II with either Sony 24-240 OSS lens, or my vintage Canon FD full manual 50mm/f1.8 with an adapter. Most are with the 50mm on this thread I think.

And, oh, really? Oh well, I guess time will tell. My friend who did it for me has been a mechanic in the trade for about 20 years and I trust him with all my cars, it was him who did it, so I'm trusting his word. I didn't even think about it to be honest. Time will tell I guess

(04-04-2016, 09:28 PM)Frosty Wrote: Good stuff mate, as said i really do like reading your updates with the detail you go to and the pics.

As for the release bearing being in the pressure plate that is how they are meant to be. When removing the gearbox you should take the clutch lever pin out so you can get the lever off and the fork turns out of the release bearing and slides out. I expect the box was a tad heard to pull off?

Im the same with piggy on the copper grease, i tend to make sure all is clean and no grease as my way of thinking is that the clutch dust etc sticks to the grease. Im the same with brakes my that just my opinion. Great stuff any way Smile

Thanks mate Smile Yes, that's correct. Mostly I was taking photos & not paying too much attention with what was going on (lol), but if I remember, the clutch lever/fork pin was very difficult to get out in-situ, although eventually managed it & it came off. To be fair, the mate who did the gearbox/clutch for me said "this is going to be very difficult" when he started putting the new gearbox back on (in regard to release bearing already snapped into place), but actually it only took him/us about 5-6 minutes to get the fork in place & box lined up, so not too bad

(04-04-2016, 10:02 PM)Niall Wrote: Great progress but piggy is right with regards to the copper slip. The bushes are Teflon so are self lubricating.

Ah fair enough. As said above, I trust the guy who did it quite a lot - he's worked on all of my cars over the years. I don't often trust other people with my cars, but him I do. That being said, time will tell I guess to see if there is any issues with using copper grease on the clutch fork & bushes!

(05-04-2016, 07:51 AM)silverzx Wrote: Heavy metal? I'm out.

Hahah. Babymetal... Rofl Rofl Heart
Thanks given by:
Very good project.
Congratulations!
1995 PEUGEOT 306 1.9 DTurbo
1994 MERCEDES W202 250 Diesel
Thanks given by:
Well, last week the Mrs' & myself went away to Scotland. Ended up being just over 2200 mile round trip as we saw a LOT of Scotland by driving a bunch! Car was spot on, and I mean, faultless in every way. Couldn't be happier! On top of that, average MPG was 52mpg, best I got on my last tank back which saw 54mpg, not bad!

Of course, took a load of photos!

Half way up, near the M6 toll, she took over driving to give me a rest Smile
[Image: 26401697720_b97d102539_b.jpg]

Generic photos of a 306 in Scotland  Rofl
[Image: 26401697250_0c9ee7d99d_b.jpg]

[Image: 26609447441_e251d68158_b.jpg]

Went up Applecross Pass, pretty brutal! But took it fairly slow & got to the top to admire the views
[Image: 26648670086_657c694d5e_b.jpg]

Then went the long way round back to Fort William, on an "unnamed road" with no signal for about 2 hours!
[Image: 26609446201_1e46cd1cd3_b.jpg]

Another random shot somewhere near Inverness I think
[Image: 26648669526_8d15ba6c4e_b.jpg]

Had a good time, some fantastic roads in Scotland for sure
[Image: 26069147264_d36459e34f_b.jpg]

Also some fantastic views in general of course!
[Image: 26675050055_23b9e7199c_b.jpg]

[Image: 26675049485_c7e3cb437e_b.jpg]

[Image: 26582066232_faaaf166c3_b.jpg]

The best view was up Ben Nevis though! Didn't make the summit, but not far off. What a climb!
[Image: 26609592171_5000c64b7e_b.jpg]

Stoked with how the car went though, what a little machine. XUD power! Inlove
Thanks given by:
hellova journey.

epic machine you have there

From seeing photos of Scotland on this thread and a few other members who have ventured up there, definitely confirms that I will make the effort to make the trip up that way towards the end of the summer.

love the quality of the photos you post.
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2016, 01:26 PM)mr_fish Wrote: hellova journey.

epic machine you have there

From seeing photos of Scotland on this thread and a few other members who have ventured up there, definitely confirms that I will make the effort to make the trip up that way towards the end of the summer.

love the quality of the photos you post.

Thanks very much! Yeah, it certainly was a long trip from where I live (near Portsmouth, south coast). We stopped over in a travelodge there & back near Carlisle. Without doing that, it would be very difficult to do in 1 day.

I've done Portsmouth to just north of Edinburgh before, which I think was my limit of driving in 1 day. But Fort William (where we stayed in Scotland) was a good 3-4 hours north of Glasgow/Edinburgh area! In general, Scotland is MASSIVE! lol. But worth the trip!
Thanks given by:
Yeah amen again to quality of pics...them needed for next years calendar
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
plenty for the club calendar in here!
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2016, 02:45 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah amen again to quality of pics...them needed for next years calendar

(27-04-2016, 03:27 PM)Eeyore Wrote: plenty for the club calendar in here!

Thanks to you both! Its a shame the car is 2 different colours eh! TMI Rofl Haha

Maybe I'll paint her all one colour at some point Smile
Thanks given by:
I must echo pretty much what mr fish said. Got some great pics there. Good to see the car treating you well as well.

Any updates on getting a bosch pump on it?
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2016, 05:24 PM)Frosty Wrote: I must echo pretty much what mr fish said. Got some great pics there. Good to see the car treating you well as well.

Any updates on getting a bosch pump on it?

Thanks! Not quite, but I've sourced one locally to me, collecting it on Friday. Its fresh off of a running car I'm told too, so I'm hoping it'll come with everything I need for the swap Smile
Thanks given by:
This thing is gorgeous! Keep up the epic work buddy!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
what kind of filter are you running your photos through?
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2016, 06:38 PM)ginge191 Wrote: This thing is gorgeous! Keep up the epic work buddy!

Thanks!

(27-04-2016, 06:56 PM)Eeyore Wrote: what kind of filter are you running your photos through?

Adobe Lightroom CC, nothing else. I use no filters on my lenses either, although I have thought about a polarizing filter before. Issue being with the Samyang lens being so wide angle, it doesn't have a screw-thread to fit normal sized filters on it. Tricky! But in regard to post-processing, just dabbles with Lightroom only. I very very rarely fire up actual Photoshop for photos. None of the photos in this whole thread have ever been through Photoshop; just Lightroom Smile
Thanks given by:
Scotland epic for sure mate. What was your route?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Good god you take some good photos. Wish I could learn!
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2016, 07:14 PM)Orta Wrote: Scotland epic for sure mate. What was your route?

Didn't really plan a proper route as such. Portsmouth to Carlisle for a travelodge (A34/M40/M6 boring stuff). Then through border, M74 through Glasgow, A82 past Loch Lomond & Glencoe, then into Fort William. That sounds easy, but it took us 2 days haha.

The longest day out we did was Fort William, north to Invergarry, then up the A87 (amazing road!) to Eilean Donan Castle. After that headed West, A87 into Isle of Skye, but it didn't seem very interesting. Also Isle of Skye is bloody huge, so perhaps an entire day trip would be needed to explore that. Back out, then headed North up to Tornapress, then across Applecross Pass, into Applecross. Then North again "the long way round" back to civilization in Shieldaig, then mostly the same route back to Fort William. A LOT of driving either way for sure!!

(01-05-2016, 07:28 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Good god you take some good photos. Wish I could learn!

Thanks! Its just practice man!
Thanks given by: