306 ECU

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 ECU
Hi guys.

I've found a deal with a 306 HDi with a burned ECU.

My question is:
If i buy an second hand HDi ECU it's plug and play?

Greetings from Portugal
Thanks given by:
No, the ECU must be unlocked to run in any car.

HDi Tuning Ltd can supply ECUs which are unlocked that you can plug in and will work straight away.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2015, 11:27 PM)Ruan Wrote: No, the ECU must be unlocked to run in any car.

HDi Tuning Ltd can supply ECUs which are unlocked that you can plug in and will work straight away.

Ty for the quick answer.

But no even with a 306 HDi ECU can plug and play?

Just to switch one by another...?

I already have an 306 ph1 but if i could bought that cheap, i rather the HDi one.
Thanks given by:
No, the ecu must be unlocked otherwise it won't run.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
also needs to be an unlocked ecu with the same ecu number as different ecu's use different engine looms

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Ah that's interesting, got any more specific info? I guess that means the hdi ecu plug guide is now defunct. Confused
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
3plug ECU's as aposed to 1 plug ECU's Wink

also the 1 plug ecu uses a different bulkhead loom too the 3 plug as it has an extra plug behind the battery

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Could just get the BSI (awaits welshpugs correction) and key fobs with the new ECU, no need to unlock then...
Thanks given by:
You can fit a new BSI with a matched ECU and a matched immobiliser chip from the key, or you can just fit an unlocked ECU.

Either way you need to figure out if the ECU is actually at fault first, as most people tend to blame faulty wiring on an ECU fault etc.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
cully
3plug ECU's as aposed to 1 plug ECU's Wink

also the 1 plug ecu uses a different bulkhead loom too the 3 plug as it has an extra plug behind the battery

Oh i see, fair one.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just find a donor car and unplug its ecu while running and then put it into the broken car and it will become locked to the broken cars original key and bsi, done it quite a few time snow and it works perfectly Smile
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2015, 06:25 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: Just find a donor car and unplug its ecu while running and then put it into the broken car and it will become locked to the broken cars original key and bsi, done it quite a few time snow and it works perfectly Smile

that's a nifty trick! Idea
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I've heard that leaves the potential to re-lock at any time. Confused
Thanks given by:
It does re lock, but to the new car Smile
Thanks given by: