ANOTHER Bosch pump question.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANOTHER Bosch pump question.
So, located a 10mm head as I've maxed my 9mm on my gt2056s, but I dont want the smoke and heat of the 11mm. 
I rebuilt and resealed my 9mm before use, but my question is, for the 10mm conversion, do I need the levers and springs from the 10mm, or is it simply the 10mm plunger and head that I would need. To which I would fit the delivery valves from the 9mm.
My rebuilt lump because I'm a shameless showoff.

Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=212

http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/forum/...mp-Gov-Mod

The second is of course on the other forum but our guide has lost its photos recently. So this should help for now. Basically exactly like that. You can go further than just the head with lever mods, advance mods, gov changes but by the sounds of it would you would probably be ok with what you have. Remember to put a new seal kit on while its in bits. Not a necessity but it helps. Smile

Also are you running arps? Id suspect that the 10mm WILL lift the head with that turbo im surprised it hasnt on the 9mm which makes me think you havnt maxed it out yet.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I'm running ARP's and hdi rods. What advance modifications can be done? I assume when you say gov mods you mean the cradle from a landy or transit pump can be used to gain travel?
I'm running about 20psi at the moment, with the 9mm maxed it burns clean as a whistle, very very little smoke.
Fitting a front mount soon, so the plan is to fit the 10mm and raise boost to around 24psi. Aiming for a well tuned 160-170hp.

Another question also. I assume when people refer to a 10 or 11mm head it is referring to the plunger that is a larger diameter? And can be measured to identify it as 9, 10, or 11mm. As I'm buying one already split so skeptical as to whether its the real deal. Not interested in buying another 9mm head lol
Thanks given by:
You can in theory use i different gov cradle\gov to gain a bit of extra travel. The advance mods means grinding the advance piston but if the inside of your pump is even slightly worn its pointless. Lever mods range but essentially you move the pivot point allowing more travel. Which is a little difficult ive already cocked up a few times trying to learn this one and ive got it right once! I havnt really thought about identifying heads while there off the pump ive always had mine labeled up so i know. I assume you can measure the plunger. Never had to so dont know. Remember though that everything advance related on the pump is governed by IPP as darren so rightly helped me with recently on an mtdi build. I have had a fiddle with it before but to much pressure causes the advance to jump on to fast and clatter like hell early on in the revs. Baring all this in mind without a LOT of research a 10mm head by itself should ve more than suffice for you. If you really want to look into ve mods a few american cummins sites are quite good. Hope this helps. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Have a play with your delivery valves aswell man, I got 20+ hp just from running less restrictive ones on my 9mm, simple mod for those who dont want to delve into pulling pumps off yet aswell
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've read about nissan terrano 2 delivery valves being exchanged to gain flow? Any truth to this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjVKzkhw3c

Just a pump re-assembly vid, but interesting at the start where it actually splits to cradles and welds them back together to gain travel. Obviously you could use the cradle from an 11mm but this is interesting nonetheless.
Thanks given by:
Ofcourse, if the Nissan Terrano's have higher flow DV's then you'll get more fuel in per push, less restrictive etc.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2015, 02:57 PM)Dave Wrote: Ofcourse, if the Nissan Terrano's have higher flow DV's then you'll get more fuel in per push, less restrictive etc.

Cool! Now to find some.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,418 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,982 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,484 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby