Matts 106 GTi Turbo.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matts 106 GTi Turbo.
Well I'm in the van with the trailer on the back on my way to pick it up now if that helps Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Ok guys its picture time:

[Image: IMG_4754_zpswk5vvbsn.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4760_zpsbte0ervr.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4762_zpserbgifdc.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4761_zpsdsoj78d6.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4758_zpsuf3mwr8q.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4759_zpslw7qtwdj.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4755_zps7iqotjox.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4756_zpsyrst46sa.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4757_zpsnwcuiugb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4764_zpsyilcy3d0.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4763_zpsa9ipimgt.jpg]

Enjoy Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Gay, hate it what a shit car there is no way in hell id ever buy this.

Pm me a price Wink
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2015, 08:46 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Gay, hate it what a shit car there is no way in hell id ever buy this.

Pm me a price Wink

Standard 306oc response there lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
just needs a really good clean and tidy up!
Thanks given by:
Looks like it needs a lot of love but i trust it will get that and will be awesome once done! Any idea what sort of power it was running?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Will be keeping an eye on this, looks like needs some love which im sure you will give it and will be an epic little car
Thanks given by:
What turbo is it running at the moment?
Thanks given by:
Right guys tonight's progress is:

Engine timed up
Boost pipes sorted out
Vac pipes sorted
Boost solenoid sorted

Currently runs a GT1752 turbo
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
epic car and find mate!
If you need any custom work i highly recommend my friend. He made the turbo mani for team amd for their btcc golf. Are you going to treat it to a proper ecu? Wink
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
So much potential!!! I like very much! Needs treating to a bath!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
The next project after my 205 has to be a turbo 106 gti. Proper cool! Almost makes me want to convert back to petroleum fuels.
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2015, 12:09 AM)Matt Wrote: So much potential!!! I like very much! Needs treating to a bath!!

Washing it will make no difference with the swamp we had to push it through to get it inside haha. 

Next time it moves I really hope it's under its own power because f*ck that for a laugh lmao
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2015, 08:57 PM)Stef205 Wrote: epic car and find mate!
If you need any custom work i highly recommend my friend. He made the turbo mani for team amd for their btcc golf. Are you going to treat it to a proper ecu? Wink

Cheers boss, i think you may know my very very good friend scott, he happens to be the Tig welder for AH motorsport fabrications and also happens to owe me a lot of big favours as his rallye is in my man cave Wink What ecu would you recommend? As the emerald works so not sure how it could be improved upon?

(22-11-2015, 01:49 PM)205dtub Wrote: The next project after my 205 has to be a turbo 106 gti. Proper cool! Almost makes me want to convert back to petroleum fuels.

Its something i have always wanted and always talked about, so when the chance came up i would of been stupid to let it get away. Smile

(22-11-2015, 04:22 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(22-11-2015, 12:09 AM)Matt Wrote: So much potential!!! I like very much! Needs treating to a bath!!

Washing it will make no difference with the swamp we had to push it through to get it inside haha. 

Next time it moves I really hope it's under its own power because f*ck that for a laugh lmao

Its not being washed untill it moves under its own steam lol f*ck pushing that again!

OK so latest progress in more detail:

When i picked the car up it had recently been rebuilt with fresh cyl head etc but was never timed up, So just to check it (it WILL NOT be run with this belt) i chucked an old belt on and timed it up.

All went smoothly till it got to a fraction before TDC and locked up, Whipped the plugs out for a closer inspection (And can now 110% confirm it has forged Omega pistons Tongue) Only to realise that the mong had put the wrong plugs in that were waaaaay too long and were contacting pistons! Popped in a set of shorter plugs from a 106 rallye (Just to seal the gap and check compression, again it will not be run with these in) and it now turns over beautifully and makes good compression Big Grin

So need to order a new belt kit for it and find the ideal plugs to use, any suggestions?

After alot of head scratching trying to figure out where all the boost & vac hoses etc went too i think we have it sussed out, so i got on with trying the manifold on, trust me there is NOT much room here to play with! I think the front end wants to come off really to build it up properly which isnt a bad thing as i can get into it to clean everything and paint / seal the bodywork befofre it gets the chance too rust then.

[Image: IMG_4770_zpsrmbpdy00.jpg]

Will be making some headway with this car this week, Want to be firing it up before the end of the month Smile But if it cant be done properly it wont be done.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Lol Stef is like me. A huge Omex fan. There is nothing wrong with the Emerald at all but the software is very complicated in comparison to the Omex. But then if you don't plan on fettling with it your self, that's not an issue. Only thing I will say is Emeralds after care has a reputation for being shit where as Omex can't do more to help you. Then again, I don't know of many K6s failing so again, hopefully you won't have to deal with them. If you was buying new though it would of all been things to consider
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2015, 09:09 AM)Niall Wrote: Lol Stef is like me. A huge Omex fan. There is nothing wrong with the Emerald at all but the software is very complicated in comparison to the Omex. But then if you don't plan on fettling with it your self, that's not an issue. Only thing I will say is Emeralds after care has a reputation for being shit where as Omex can't do more to help you. Then again, I don't know of many K6s failing so again, hopefully you won't have to deal with them. If you was buying new though it would of all been things to consider

Ah Yes i have heard that in honesty, if the emerald fails i would definitely consider an Omex as their rep is sterling Smile

In answer to your earlier question i somehow skipped it has a print out for 212bhp on Low boost, apparently it shredded the gearbox on the rollers when trying to get a high boost run so that made 240ish around 4.5k when it revs too 7k lol should be a handful!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to seeing some videos of this when it's up and running properly! Imagine it'll be a right hoot to drive
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
providing they are the same length thread etc id run the ngk 7's that me and niall run. Very cheap plug but with the performance that is needed. Id also recommend a wideband of some kind for monitoring purposes.

As for ecu emerald is a right pig at mapping and the software is a right mare, to save any changes it then shuts the entire software down for then you to restart it! again big omex fan due to there support and easiness. Places like pug1off etc use emerald on 106's etc because they have a loom convertor off the shelf so its "easy"
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(23-11-2015, 11:00 AM)Stef205 Wrote: providing they are the same length thread etc id run the ngk 7's that me and niall run. Very cheap plug but with the performance that is needed. Id also recommend a wideband of some kind for monitoring purposes.

As for ecu emerald is a right pig at mapping and the software is a right mare, to save any changes it then shuts the entire software down for then you to restart it! again big omex fan due to there support and easiness. Places like pug1off etc use emerald on 106's etc because they have a loom convertor off the shelf so its "easy"

This is the issue i'm having, i have no idea what plugs are the ideal ones to run as the ones it has come with the incorrect ones, might give pug1off or someone a call and see what they recommend.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
The thing is with builds like these is unless its a kit that's been proven you wont know what the correct plugs are it will be a matter of drawing from other peoples experiences etc. Im not saying dont give pug1off a call as they may know but id be going down the route of finding a set of plugs to get her running like nialls\stefs then go from there as yours is a 1600 may require different ones in the end. But that's fettling for the road. So thrash on get her running take me for a drive then go from there. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
i know sandy runs the 7's and 8's in all his tu5 builds not sure on his jp4 builds as they have longer plugs. What ever you do dont runs 6's youll start melting things!
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
Precisely the kind of info I'm needing! The plugs that were in there (and too long) were bkr6ez's and honestly looked like mower plugs lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
of course this is ok providing it doesnt have a jp4 head on a j4 bottom end, but it will be stampped on the head. Also for once someone has fitted stef approved pistons unlike the chocolate crap that is normally sold. lol

Edit: bkr6ez are standard j4 plugs! :/
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
It is a JP4 head, and a J4 block so that might explain the situation lol Yes i was pleasantly surprised about the truth behind the pistons Tongue
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
That's insane power. I'm a big fan of this engine after sitting in my friends cup car at a rally test day. Almost tempts me to drop the xud out of my 205 and go a completely different route lol.
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2015, 01:49 PM)205dtub Wrote: The next project after my 205 has to be a turbo 106 gti. Proper cool! Almost makes me want to convert back to petroleum fuels.

Diesel is also made from petroleum.

This is going to be such an epic little car, but then it seems like you own every epic little car in Herefordshire by now!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Just a thought man. May help you. Ive seen homemade kits up and running in the past but this gives you an idea. http://106owners.co.uk/forums/showthread...onversions
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2015, 12:34 PM)RetroPug Wrote:

Diesel is also made from petroleum.

This is going to be such an epic little car, but then it seems like you own every epic little car in Herefordshire by now!

Well the man cave was looking pretty damn awesome the other night! the parking arrangements were for:

3x S1 106 rallyes (One of each colour too!)
2x black 306 rallyes (mates bought one as a daily!)
3x 106 gti's
2x saxo VTS
2x 205 gti

Fair to say i think i have more peugeots around here (both mine and friends / people having work done) than most peugeot tuning places lol

(24-11-2015, 03:36 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Just a thought man. May help you. Ive seen homemade kits up and running in the past but this gives you an idea. http://106owners.co.uk/forums/showthread...onversions

Very useful link but a very expensive kit! I could buy more than 10 gearboxes for the money of that conversion kit and changin a gearbox isnt that much hassle in a 106!

Hopefully i can just not drive it like a bellend everywhere and the gearboxes might last a little while Smile

Also small update, been figuring out the ecu etc for this and working out what wiring does what in the bay as you can see its a state!

After Mostly been figuring out the lo/high boost controller and figuring where to tap it all into Smile think ive got it sussed, so if i can find a turbo at work this will be running in a few weeks im hoping Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Brand new mongoose exhausts are 150 quid...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-106-Mk...2101619208

You can high five me later.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2015, 07:41 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Brand new mongoose exhausts are 150 quid...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-106-Mk...2101619208

You can high five me later.

Good find sir! but i shall be sticking with the pugsport for now Smile

Small update:

Been hunting for a while and finally managed to track down the original owner of the car that built it!

He has since told me a more detailed spec:

Omega forged pistons
Omega H Beam rods
Knife edge Crank
4 paddle sprung clutch
600cc injectors
Launch control and hi / lo boost mapping on the emerald K6 Tongue

Whilst waiting for a replacement turbo i cant do much more mechanical work to the car so have been giving it a dry wash then trying to restore the paintwork somewhat.

[Image: IMG_4806_zpsnatm2k7l.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4808_zpshapl8hsn.jpg]
Apologies for potato spec pics lol

A pic the original owner sent me of how it used to look, this is pretty much how i imagined it Tongue

[Image: IMG_4804_zpsbmqxhmft.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts cheapo saxo track bapper VTR/S Matt-Rallye 23 7,221 14-06-2016, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Piggy