Powerflex Polly Bushes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerflex Polly Bushes
Has anyone ever fitted these before? I got a set for my front wishbones (front and rear bush) and found that I had to trim some length off the front bushes as when they are pressed into the wishbone, they seem to push against eachother and dont go all the way in.
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Had this problem when i fitted mine, seems to be pretty common. Reported it to them at time, but they obviously havent done anything about it. :roll:
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've got a set, managed to get the front bushes in by using a vice and bloody big screw driver to lever them into the subframe. Really pleased with the results handling wise though Smile
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
i done mine yesterday, and as they where popping back out the wishbone, i used a wratchet strap around the subframe and wishbone to pull it in, then used a big screwdriver to squeeze the bushes in... then realise that you had to fit the P bush before the front went in, so it had to come out again then i just decided to trim the bushes down a little so they wouldnt bulge out as much.. but my god! getting the P bush bolted down was just something else!
Thanks given by:
I found the Pbush a doddle, but the front bushes very frustrating lol Worth it though knowing the Pbush will last a very long time Smile
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
what part did you do first? bolt the P Bush and then push the front bushes in? or the other way round?
Thanks given by:
Can't remember tbh lol, think i got the Pbush done first. Not my favourite job in the world in any case.
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
One bolt in p-bush to begin with - so you can still move the wishbone easily - then do the front bushes, then finish bolting everything up.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If they're too wide to get in, that's usually because the side to side clearance where the original ones went are SLIGHTLY less than the ones you're trying to fit... Usually requires a bit of action with a hammer/crowbar/similar to widen them, slip them in then when you do up the bolts, it tends to crush down again...

Happened on both my car and Ed Does car... Admittedly not on Powerflex mounts, but stock ones do it too..
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerflex Front Wishbone Bushes gti6man 2 2,088 16-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: miles
  Wishbones - Meyle HD or Reuse and Powerflex bushes Eeyore 33 9,702 23-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Powerflex 306 Front wishbone kit thiscocks 37 7,124 07-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Last Post: thiscocks