Non Start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non Start
Hi all

So about two weeks ago my stage 2 estate tried to start but didn't as I thought I was to quick on the glow plugs. Which could be a regular thing with my car. then I stopped removed the key gave it a couple of minutes and tried again nothing not even tick over the stereo came on etc but it was like nothing was going through to the engine, not even turnover. So I left it and carried on with stuff. Came back and it started first time but I knew that in the year I had owned the car it had never done that with no turnover. So it was fine till yesterday when I went to the car, to drive 5 minutes to University round the corner and it now hasn't turned over for 2 days so tomorrow I'm going to call the AA.
I don't know if this is relevant but it did have an ignition barrel replacement by the previous owner.

Any help or reasoning behind this would be helpful.
Location Winchester

Spec
Sachs berlingo clutch
Renault megane dci intercooler,with 406 and custom intercooler piping
Manual boost controller set to run a safe 21psi
Stage 2+ custom map from tdi custom remaps-- 165bhp
Decat exhaust with two mid boxes to help with flow of exhaust gases but to keep it still quite.
Gti front splitter
Nimrods
Bilstien B4's
Gti6 Brakes and MIntex Pads and Discs.
Hancook Ventus v12 all-around
Half a year Old Bosch silverline
Lots of good servicing

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Brown relay?
There is a thread of hdi trouble shooting on this forum, guides section maybe?
Thanks given by:
If it's not turning over the starter has failed, that or the ignition switch. Do all the dash lights go out when you turn the key to the "start" position? If not it's the starter, you should be able to bump start it. If you're still struggling i can come and have a look after dinner, i'm only in Eastleigh.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Dead spot in the starter I'd bet, one of the windings has failed, keeping doing it will eventually get an arc to a part on the commutator that has got connection, then it'll start.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2015, 10:25 AM)Ruan Wrote: Dead spot in the starter I'd bet, one of the windings has failed, keeping doing it will eventually get an arc to a part on the commutator that has got connection, then it'll start.

I know that issue well. lol
Thanks given by: