Worth this money?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth this money?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/321952036542 

Seen this on eBay before and obviously didn't sell as the pics are the same. It needs quite a lot of work and has no MOT. I know s16s are rare, but £850?! 

I'm toying with picking up an s16 to return to standard/mintiness but think this is too far gone?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Does seem a bit high IMO. Would need a bit of work to get it back all original and has done fairly high miles. Plus bits are starting to get pretty hard to get hold of for these. Though it is in the best colour IMO
Thanks given by:
I'm 99.9% sure this was £650 last time and ended with 0 bids? He's doing it wrong!
Thanks given by:
Plates look stolen lol. Plus its a heap, not worth £350 imo, regardless of it's rarity.
Thanks given by:
Yeah £650 last time with no bids. Was gonna wait till he dropped the price and pounce on it. Lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Not worth £850 certainly but they are probably gonna start going up in value soon enough for half way clean examples so could be some money to be made on it if it was bought for a sensible price.
Thanks given by:
i just cant get excited about the S16. Rare but... not as good as a 6 and with more issues and difficult to get hold of parts?
Thanks given by:
Better price than the chap trying to sell an s16 on Facebook for £1200 with chronic lacquer peel lol.

Also don't really see the appeal of them compared to a Gti6, but guess it's a good investment for a sensible price
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I've had gtis and obviously the Rallye is a keeper but just fancied the rarest of 306 models as a side project. Thinking about it might be more than I want to take on this one...
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2015, 07:46 PM)Orta Wrote: I've had gtis and obviously the Rallye is a keeper but just fancied the rarest of 306 models as a side project. Thinking about it might be more than I want to take on this one...

is it rarer than a black rallye? Rarer out of the factory? or just rarer because everyone has scrapped them by now?
Thanks given by:
See if you can pick up another rallye Tom. There was one on ebay for the same money a month or 2 ago.
Thanks given by:
Yeah don't bother with a s16 go for a cheap rallye,they do keep poping up on Facebook and ebay or 205 rallye,106 rallye.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Not to be a smarty pants but there's 116 total s16's left, 18 taxed, 98 on sorn,
Total xs S left 34, 20 taxed, 14 on sorn,
Not everyone's cup of tea in kingfisher but sigma must have outsold kingfisher so can only be a handful left in green!
Thanks given by:
it could be the starting point now of the early 306s starting to go up in now, starting with the rare models, Make him an offer on it and go from there, But research the parts back ground on these 1st with it been a rare model.
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2015, 02:53 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: Not to be a smarty pants but there's 116 total s16's left, 18 taxed, 98 on sorn,
Not everyone's cup of tea in kingfisher but sigma must have outsold kingfisher so can only be a handful left in green!

the xs being the phase 3 xs?
Thanks given by:
XS S, it's a ph1 trim.
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2015, 10:28 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(21-12-2015, 02:53 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: Not to be a smarty pants but there's 116 total s16's left, 18 taxed, 98 on sorn,

the xs being the phase 3 xs?

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/peugeot_306_xs_s
Somehow seems to have found another 6 xss's since I looked a couple of nights ago!

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/peugeot_306_s16
A couple more of these have popped up too since!
S16, D turbo S and XsS are the only 3 306's to wear a red S on their badge, Pug Sport specials!
Thanks given by:
marketing specials more like.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2015, 11:03 AM)welshpug Wrote: marketing specials more like.

Yup by the time they breathed a bit of fire on the S16 they coughed at the DturboS and sneezed at the XsS lol, I do love the little 16 TU in the 3 dr chassis though!
Thanks given by:
I like the way they used pre-faded rub strips on that pic... lol Afaik the only 'S' part is the bright pattered interior or later half leathers, stands for speciale not sport.

That how many left site is crap btw, somehow they manage to give identical cars about 4 different titles which throws the figures off!
Thanks given by:
That's the dvla snd clueless car salesmen not the site.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2015, 11:11 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I like the way they used pre-faded rub strips on that pic... lol Afaik the only 'S' part is the bright pattered interior or later half leathers, stands for speciale not sport.

That how many left site is crap btw, somehow they manage to give identical cars about 4 different titles which throws the figures off!

Yeah bud I've noticed that too but not in case of the s16 or xss! Seem to be among the few that aren't duplicated!
Wikipedia has the "S" meaning soupape (valve) in the case of the S16 but at a loss how that crosses to the xss or dturboS! and the other differences besides the oddball interior are colour coded door handles, mirrors and shorter ariel!
Thanks given by:
Orta if you want a project at a decent price i can definitely be swayed to part with the Cossack S16 for £400 with everything needed to return it to former glory and plenty of spares!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2015, 08:08 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Orta if you want a project at a decent price i can definitely be swayed to part with the Cossack S16 for £400 with everything needed to return it to former glory and plenty of spares!

Now that is tempting mate. What state is she in at the minute? Was the project thread up 2 date?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
£400 for an S16 project with everything? If he doesn't want it, I'd be tempted! Confused
Thanks given by:
Buy it Tom... I dare you to own another 306 Tongue lol
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2015, 10:19 PM)MY95 Wrote: Buy it Tom... I dare you to own another 306 Tongue lol

Not much of a dare lol, of course I'll buy another at some point...probably several more... lol
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2015, 10:19 PM)MY95 Wrote: Buy it Tom... I dare you to own another 306 Tongue lol

tom wont buy it, he isn't man enough!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want to get rid of some money? ROBCAT 13 3,041 02-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Silly money 205 chylledapps 3 1,468 04-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
  Travel Money MY95 3 1,700 13-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Frosty