inline fuel filter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
inline fuel filter?
My dturbo is sometimes very hard to start. 
Glow plugs has been changed 2 weeks ago, and that didnt change much. It is mostly fine, but every other day I use 5 mins to get it running. So thinking there might be an air leak. It also hesitates a bit if I say go 35km/h, and in 3rd. 
Dont think the filter has been changed in a few years. 

Would an inline filter be a good solution? Easy to change later, and no hassle with the housing. We dont have 1p size coins here, so cant mod it that way Tongue also nearest breaker is 8 hours away. 

If I go for an inline. Is it plug an play? 2 hoses out, and connect filter between? Or is there stuff that needs to be blankes off or relocated etc?

Havent got the car nearby, and looking to go shopping after work.
Thanks given by:
Just replace the standard fuel filter. In line filter upgrade is pointless imo untill you start running more power. Penny mods just for veg running really. Check the bit of clear line for bubbles you may have an air leak by the sounds of it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Just thought of it as a solution to air leaks Smile The TT filter and the one for the 306 costs the same at my local dealer.
Thanks given by:
yeah simple to do - pipe from primer grenade straight to inline filter, then straight to pump - job jobbed and can rule out any air ingress from that side of things.
Thanks given by:
What tom said really. You can rule out air leaks via it quite easily.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2015, 04:55 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: yeah simple to do - pipe from primer grenade straight to inline filter, then straight to pump - job jobbed and can rule out any air ingress from that side of things.

Straight from grenade to pump? What about the lines going from the filter housing? There is 2 connected to it, but from those two there are another 2 connected. Its all connected to this one: 

[Image: 20151115_104944_zpsgyyr1ofw.jpg]
Doesnt it have to be connected between the one going in(Is that the bottom one?) to the filter house and the one going out? Not asking because Im doubting what you are saying, just because I either dont understand or Im stupid, or both Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Swarf In Fuel Filter Housing jordanhdi 11 2,309 26-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Removing the fuel filter housing, but what is this behind it? Iaitoo 2 1,475 27-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  Drove 150+ miles with clogged fuel filter - now won't start mikes 21 3,643 13-04-2016, 07:17 AM
Last Post: mikes