Alternator mount options?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternator mount options?
A while back I bought a bunch of parts of a guy and when rummaging around the pile I found an S16 upper right engine mount, the part that bolts to the engine block, picture below.

I'd like to use this piece to replace the excruciatingly heavy alternator / pas / ac compressor mount that's on my GTI6.
Question is, I'd need to find some other way of mounting my alternator, does anyone know of either a turn-key ready alternative or something I could whip up with a lathe, drill press and welder?

[Image: newmounts_2.jpg]
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2015, 07:21 PM)Janne L Wrote: A while back I bought a bunch of parts of  a guy and when rummaging around the pile I found an S16 upper right engine mount, the part that bolts to the engine block, picture below.

I'd like to use this piece to replace the excruciatingly heavy alternator / pas / ac compressor mount that's on my GTI6.
Question is, I'd need to find some other way of mounting my alternator, does anyone know of either a turn-key ready alternative or something I could whip up with a lathe, drill press and welder?

[Image: newmounts_2.jpg]

just cut the alternator mounting of the one your removing ,that's all I did ,job done
Thanks given by:
That sounds ridiculously simple.. I'll look into it! :-)
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2015, 09:58 PM)Janne L Wrote: That sounds ridiculously simple.. I'll look into it! :-)

that exactly what I have done on mine when I fitted my mount

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
A 205/309 Derv Alt mount works a treat too
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by: