Mk2 MX-5 1.8iS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mk2 MX-5 1.8iS
After a few months of looking I finally bought my first MX-5 today. I decided a Mk2 1.8iS was the best value option after reading around and viewing/test driving a few different models. It's insured for a week so I can give it a good run-in and then it'll go into the garage for winter until the grit lorries go into hibernation for another year.

Only got one shitty cameraphone picture for now, next to the faithful daily:

[Image: 306%20amp%20MX-5%20no%20plates_zpskxxfnbi5.jpg]

Already looking at wheels and suspension to fit over the coming winter!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Ooo I like this Smile is that a hard top cover as well? Will be an interesting project
Thanks given by:
Nice. Put a turbo on it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yup, came with a hardtop, rollbar, wind deflector, tonneau and a few other bits.

Short term it's not changing much, if it stays with me for more than a year I'll be looking at forced induction.
Thanks given by:
Sweet car! They look so innocent and happy Tongue
Thanks given by:
eughh i hate the mk2. Mk1 all the way for me. Does the mk2 have the same rust issues as the mk1?
Thanks given by:
Looks good. I'm a mk1 guy, but the mk2 Is really growing on me. Any plans for wheels?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2015, 12:45 AM)Eeyore Wrote: eughh i hate the mk2. Mk1 all the way for me. Does the mk2 have the same rust issues as the mk1?

Different and worse rust issues, check those front frame rails!

Happy mk1 owner here  Sleepy
Thanks given by:
Oh my.

Do you feel better now you're out of the closet? We don't think any less of you x
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2015, 07:54 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Oh my.

Do you feel better now you're out of the closet? We don't think any less of you x

Says the guy who had an astra coupe lol

Looks good, get a turbo on there already!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(07-11-2015, 10:28 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote:

Says the guy who had an astra coupe lol

Did I?! I didn't know! Never had an Astra coupe lol
Thanks given by:
That backfired then lol
Sure it was you who raved about the blue astra coupe you had.. Anyway, it matters not. You had a vectra and as such your argument is invalid.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
It's his Dads Astra coupe lol... But seeing as you've both owned 306 cabbies... Itwasntme lol
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2015, 03:33 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: That backfired then lol
Sure it was you who raved about the blue astra coupe you had.. Anyway, it matters not. You had a vectra and as such your argument is invalid.

Oh my old man has a twin top Astra which is blueish, but it's shit & I wouldn't rave about it!

What happened to the Volvo, Kezzie?
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2015, 12:45 AM)Eeyore Wrote: eughh i hate the mk2. Mk1 all the way for me. Does the mk2 have the same rust issues as the mk1

Used to think the same, but the mk2 has really grown on me, much easier to live with, and better species too. 

Still rust like hell , but this one is pretty clean
(07-11-2015, 01:30 AM)Matt Wrote: Looks good. I'm a mk1 guy, but the mk2 Is really growing on me. Any plans for wheels?

As said, I used to be the same, but I'm all about the mk2 now! Not sure yet, they'll be bronze/gold, but don't know whether to go bling or racey yet. 

(07-11-2015, 01:59 AM)tigerstyle Wrote: Different and worse rust issues, check those front frame rails!

Happy mk1 owner here  Sleepy

They were patched a couple months ago and undersealed, one of the main reasons I bought it! 

I used to think the same, but f*ck it, they're too damn fun! 

(07-11-2015, 10:28 AM)Jonny8119 Wrote: Says the guy who had an astra coupe lol

Cheers mate, that'll be a long and considered process, as if I do it I'll map it myself hopefully. 

(07-11-2015, 04:13 PM)JJ Wrote: Oh my old man has a twin top Astra which is blueish, but it's shit & I wouldn't rave about it!

What happened to the Volvo, Kezzie?

Didn't trust the fancy gearbox on the valve, and frankly just didn't bond with it. Sold it for £50 shy of what I bought it for, with 3/4 of a tank less fuel, so essentially broke even. I have a V50 again, but a manual D5 sport ideally.
Thanks given by:
Looks ace my mate had a 1.6

Shame his was riddled with rust.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Cheers buddy. I test drove a couple 1.6s, you can definitely feel the extra grunt from the 1.8
Thanks given by:
Just realised with my first 3 cars I have owned:
Front, rear and AWD
Hatchback, cabriolet and estate
Petrol and diesel
N/A and FI
4 and 5 cylinder

Not bad going, I'd say!