Wheel bolts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel bolts
Bought some longer bolts for a set of new wheel because they need spacers and spacers are 15mm, dimension of the wheel nuts are: M12 x 1.25 x 45mm.
Obviously they fit the hubs but they don't seem to go tight and I don't fancy trying to tighten it more just in case its spinning in the hub. 
Any ideas guys? Bolts too long?

Cheers
1.9 diesel Phase 2 - scrapped
1.8 meridian Phase 3 - going strong!
Thanks given by:
Do you have alloys or steel wheels?
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2015, 10:22 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Do you have alloys or steel wheels?

Alloys, 307 Arianes, they're the flat seated bolts
Thanks given by:
Probably the bolts pushing through the cruddy thread in the back of the flange, just look behind the hub face to see if they protrude through.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: PugRory
(06-11-2015, 12:36 PM)Poodle Wrote: Probably the bolts pushing through the cruddy thread in the back of the flange, just look behind the hub face to see if they protrude through.

is it bad if they're doing that? and are 45mm boltd too long for the wheel and 15mm spacers do you think? would 35mm be better?
Thanks given by:
No, just means you've got more thread in the flange. They don't want to poke through the back much though, else they'll foul the hub assembly. I don't know how long the standard bolts are, but surely you just want that plus 15mm..?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

(07-11-2015, 06:16 AM)Poodle Wrote: No, just means you've got more thread in the flange. They don't want to poke through the back much though, else they'll foul the hub assembly. I don't know how long the standard bolts are, but surely you just want that plus 15mm..?

Yeah standard bolts are 35mm, and I have 45mm ones now, so it should be fine, thanks!
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2015, 09:24 AM)PugRory Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 06:16 AM)Poodle Wrote: No, just means you've got more thread in the flange. They don't want to poke through the back much though, else they'll foul the hub assembly. I don't know how long the standard bolts are, but surely you just want that plus 15mm..?

Yeah standard bolts are 35mm, and I have 45mm ones now, so it should be fine, thanks!

If standard bolts are 35mm and you are running 15mm spacers you want 50mm bolts not 45mm.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
depends what seat type they are, taper seat bolts tend to sit deeper in the wheel than a flat seat.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
His running flat seat
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
oh yeah, was ages from reading the initial post lol

I would get a tap and clean out the threads on the drive flange, also make sure the spacer is seating nicely on flange and wheel.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Yeah flat seated bolts, cheers though guys! much appreciated.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alloy Wheel Bolts rdstars 2 1,334 16-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Last Post: rdstars
  c5 steel/alloy wheel bolts Poodle 8 2,615 20-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Wheel bolts Kazzar87 2 935 18-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Poodle