Direct fit turbo upgrade. (hdi)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Direct fit turbo upgrade. (hdi)
I MAY have found something of use to the hdi boys out there. Some 307 2.0 hdis same engine thats in our little 306s dont run a gt15. They run an ihi rhf4 with the manifold they would be a direct fit bar the exhaust flange. Messaged poodle last night and his a little upset the rhf5 flanges arent the same. But hey ho. This has no use to me at all. So havnt bothered looking into compressor maps etc to see how good they are. But the leg works there a hopefully this will be some good news for the hdi boys.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Had a 307 hdi 90 at work month ago for a headgasket job that ran an IHI i hadnt realised before that , that they used them
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What would be better about those turbos? If they are off a same horsepower car?
Found these on the net after a quick google as well.

[Image: turbo-chart6.gif]
[Image: turbo-chart8.gif]
[Image: turbo-chart5_big.gif]
Thanks given by:
Compare the compressor maps. Just a good bit of info for people and if not its a different manifold may open up more options for fitment.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Ahhh I am seeing it now Smile

306 HDI 90
[Image: %24_57.JPG]

307 HDI 90
[Image: %24T2eC16h,!)sE9swmcM0vBRRln!td3!~~60_57.JPG]
Thanks given by:
That is very interesting
Wonder what boost/figures they can handle and how they drive compared to a GT15/K03!
Look quite a bit larger than a GT15!
Thanks given by:
Have a look at the chart that jtaylor posted, that'll give you a good idea.

Very similar in performance to the gt15, although should be a bit more reliable when abused.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thinking about this, could you hybridise this with the IHI RHF5 internals, then it would be near enough straight bolt on and an easy stage 2/3 turbo?
Used on 406s and a few other HDI's ive seen on eBay.
Thanks given by:
You would most likely hit the same snags as suffered by other hybrid turbos, though the only way to know for sure is trying it to see.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So im thinking about following my own advice and using this turbo
Thanks given by:
no.. definately buy mine =D its much better haha
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Hi all

I've found a direct fit to our HDi's and it's a Garret Gt 1852v from Renault (espace, laguna, velsatis)!! Hope that would be useful Smile

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2AdxKSoQZku7i1plHJMe...NqxDGKrmzQ]

Check???  Rofl

Cheers
Have you tried it yet???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
No I didn't bash... That other friend oh mine that i refer in my other thread run's one of this... welded to the manifold! They dont believe in flanges xD

Id like to see one actually bolted to a maniofold. As it seems a bit to good to be true. The flange looks the same

Thanks given by:
(13-03-2017, 06:40 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Id like to see one actually bolted to a maniofold. As it seems a bit to good to be true. The flange looks the same

And you will see one bolted!!  Rofl In the end of this mounth i'll be fitting one of these, and I hope that bolts right away to the manifold! But yes the flange have the same design exactly! Let's see...
As soon as I start the project I'll open a thread with all photos and process! I'm feeling confident  Tongue

awesome i look forward to it. If it goes well i may try one myself
Thanks given by:
The 206 engines sit at 15* - 306s sit at 30* and the car is totally different Luis' will be a LHD with the master cylinder on the other side etc etc... So many differences.

I suspect also the boost hose routing will be a problem due to the compressor housing outlet pointing the wrong way, simply bolting to the exhaust manifold is merely a fraction of the work in getting a turbo to fit!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2017, 12:39 PM)Ruan Wrote: Remember that even if it fits Luis' car... That's a 206 - the 206 engines sit at 15* - 306s sit at 30* and the car is totally different, Luis' will be a LHD with the master cylinder on the other side etc etc... So many differences.

I suspect also the boost hose routing will be a problem due to the compressor housing outlet pointing the wrong way, simply bolting to the exhaust manifold is merely a fraction of the work in getting a turbo to fit!

Yeah i agree bolting to the mani is half the work. But its half the work already done. I didnt know 206s sat at a diffrent angle. I also didnt know luis' car was a 206
Thanks given by:
Correction - I'm getting confused!

I thought Luis was someone else who signed up recently with a 206, I'm wrong - reading the "Car Model/Spec" says he has a 306 Wink

Even so, things are a bit different as it's LHD - but I seriously doubt it'll be bolt on either way.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Let's see let's see, but please pray for me and get those figers crossed PLEASEE *.* ahaha

The only thing I know about the angle is that you have to change the position ofthe actuator sothe turbo fit (it hits the firewall I think)

Have a nice day!!

Hi mates good night to all

Just found this right now, might be helpful!

[Image: %24_57.JPG]______________
Luís
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2.0 HDI RHZ 109 turbo upgrade and MAP bibikola 6 3,488 14-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Last Post: madmadmax
  Turbo upgrade Jukie88 22 6,557 23-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Poodle