All the gubbins between turbo and back box

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the gubbins between turbo and back box
Hi all,

Can someone remind me what there is between the turbo and the back box in these modern diesels. I'm thinking my 1.4 hdi as well as a 2.0 136bhp 307 I'm going to view soon. Am I right with.. egr, dpf and cat? As these things seem to be the fault causes on these cars can they all be bypassed and still pass a test and cause no future issues?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
just the dpf (which is the DERV equivalent of the cat) really, the EGR is between the turbo and the inlet.
both can be removed/bypassed, but the map ought to be changed too
Thanks given by:
The cat is in the same can as the DPF, either 2 separate cores (for the DV6) or combined all in one for others, I don't know for your cars...so if you smash them both out that's 2 birds with one stone lol. EGR is between the exhaust and engine but easily blanked.
Thanks given by:
Leave the cat in place if you can, otherwise they end up with a fairly evil smelling exhaust. Can be difficult where they're both in the same box.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers guys. And removing these should prevent any stupid issues with them cropping up in the future? I understand map should updated as well which is fine.

Will their removal cause any issues when MOT comes around?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
As long as there is no evidence of removing the DPF and its been remapped so it doesn't coal then it will pass MOT fine.

The DPF can't clog up if it hasn't got a core so there won't be any future issues there. EGR can still cause electrical issues after being blanked so it's best to get that mapped out as well.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnostics gubbins/mapping Uberderv 37 5,075 15-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Uberderv
  Turbo Back Exhausts? JTaylor2005 7 1,824 07-11-2014, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Will a d turbo cat back exhaust fit a Hdi?? Chris_90 2 1,783 11-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Chris_90