Heater matrix woes :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater matrix woes :(
My heater matrix had started leaking, decided as I've got a nice long weekend I'd tackle changing it. Had a good idea of what to expect as have changed a couple of mates in their 306s. What I hadn't bargained for was my bloody pipes being so brittle that just pulling them resulted in them shattering in the matrix :twisted: f*ck shit bollox lady garden! I phoned Pug up to see how much I'd get raped for a new one, great news they are no longer stocked :roll: Luckily as I use my local dealer so often he is going to make some inquiries and see if he can get hold of one for me. I however may of sourced 1 from a 1.6 tu engined 306, being non air con too is this going to be the same? Pretty crap start to the long weekend, was all going so well up until then too lol On the plus side I took the opportunity to replace to loom as mine was fooked seeing as I could actually get the carpet out, also tidied the wiring up for my amps at the same time. If all goes well I'll have working cl, electric windows and electric mirrors at the end of this Big Grin
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
lady garden!

[Image: imag0514r.jpg]

:cry:
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Man that's a pain in the go-nads! Good luck with sorting it! :-)
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So are all non air con matrix pipes going to be the same? I'm guessing as long as its from a Valeo matrix it'll fit? Just wanna be sure before agreeing to buy these pipes.
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
you could look in the scrappies and see if you can splice in some pipes off another model until you can get the proper pipes
Thanks given by:
Nearest scrappy is 10 miles away :| lol
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
I have some pipes off a gti6 but they're completely rubber. Shouldn't be too hard to work with though. £25 on a next day post service. PM if interested Smile
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Ps, I know they will work. I'm sure a gti6 owner here will confirm as I don't have a pic? They're not a straight fit, but the angles of rubber pipe are about the same,
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
You can just get any matrix hose and just cut the rubber and jubilee some copper pipe in between? That would be easier than getting on off a DT if you cant find one....
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've sourced some pipes off a 1.6 TU and they are completely rubber, was thinking the exact same thing Dave. Just got to wait and see if he has better luck removing the pipes that I do lol
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
I've fitted my gti6 pipes to the estate. The distribution points on the block are in a different place but the actual connector at the bulkhead is the same. These are pipes from a Behr matrix now fitted to a Valeo non-AC one. The hoses are a different length but they can be routed wherever you need them as they're fully rubber.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:You can just get any matrix hose and just cut the rubber and jubilee some copper pipe in between? That would be easier than getting on off a DT if you cant find one....

This is what I did, a foot of copper length a suitable diameter was less then £6 posted off eBay.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the ideas guys, I thought the rubber pipes would be a different length to the metal and rubber pipe design of the TD pipes, my main concern was clearing the manifolds at the rear of the engine but if you manged to fit them then might give that a go. So annoyed as done 2 heater matrixs on mates 306s fine, go to do mine and it goes titsup :evil: Going to fit my boost gauge as my dash is out so thats one postive to it and got my ground LDA fitted. Can't wait to see the results 8-)
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
ive got some full rubber ones on my dt and got two spare sets of rubber ones that cane of dt's . personally ive never seen the same ones to yours before lol
Thanks given by:
Got my pipes, can't get one of them on the water pump union. Spent nearly 2 hours yesterday evening so going to get some copper pipe and join them. Any idea what diameter I need?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Dash is back in, but I've got 2 spare plugs and I can't find a home for them Hmm I'm slightly concerned that I may have to remove the dash again :violin: Can anyone tell me where it needs to go?

[Image: imag0516g.jpg]

[Image: imag0517i.jpg]

[Image: imag0518n.jpg]

Will be savage if I do as its the first time I've managed to not pull the brake light switch out in the process lol Plus side is I now have working CL for the first time in months :dance:
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Feel like I'm talking to myself :? found out where the connector was meant to go, I have tested everything and don't have any front wipers :nope: I've checked that I have the stalk connected, the wiper motor connected and the fuse is ok, all worked before I removed dashboard to change the heater matrix, any ideas of what it could be? Car is driving me nuts right now! :x
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
That connector is the immob for ignition, goes between one of the wires to your ignitoin barrel,

Yup, thats how easy it is to bypass the starter disable side of the immob, lol! plugs are even the same so just unplug and plug straight together Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I noticed that shortly after posting lol, wipers are proving to be a pain especially with the weather set for next week :S
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Still not sorted my wipers, is there any plugs behind the dash that I could of missed? Or is it just the stalk and motor to connect?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
I know this isn't going to help but you should take photos as you go along for reference of what goes where.

If it's just the wipers I'd make a new topic specifically relating to that and see if anyone posts up. Failing that take the dash back out.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
use masking tape and label both parts A and the next thing ya unplug B etc ect
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  96 Dt Heater Matrix pipes KilianManning 3 1,844 30-01-2016, 10:21 PM
Last Post: KilianManning
  Heater matrix help no heat :-( pioneer DJ paddy 6 2,000 24-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31