April 2nd/3rd 2016 1/4 MILE drag strip day(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: April 2nd/3rd 2016 1/4 MILE drag strip day(s)
Would like to gather some names and numbers just to see if there is much interest....

http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/

It has a 1/4 mile basically. Don't think we have done much in the way of these shows/events as a club, so something a bit different.

Dates are April 2nd and 3rd 2016. (Saturday/Sunday)

CV37 8LL

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Lowe...3840a318d0

DETAILS

Obviously its a drag strip, so idea is come and do some racing...but there is a lot to see aswel, including watching others race obviously!

We can have area set aside for a club stand, you can just turn up to show off the car or be on the "stand" and go off a do some 1/4s too.

We can also have club competition setup if we want where we get given special club numbers at scrutineering. 

Camping is available.

COST

Day ticket £12
Weekend is £22

Track fee is £25 unlimited runs per day or
                  £40 weekend unlimited runs
(limit would be how much you want to queue or how much fuel you have!)

Camping on site... free!...including evening entertainment at Kenny's Bar Club House. C

Camping is free IF you buy a WEEKEND ticket. Camping can be for friday or saturday night or both

LAYOUT:
Bit of a pixely map but best I have at the mo...

Please put name below , what days and if you will be camping in brackets EG:   3. Bob and Maud (Sat/Sun Camping)

1. Piggy (Sat/Sun)
  2. Mrs Piggy (Sat/Sun)

Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No interest at all?!

Only concern I have is if it conflicts with Spring Action Day... but tbh I'd rather do this as its a bit different and track time for forge is getting silly now
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
May be up for it. But cant say until nearer to the time man. Sad
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
If i had a bus together id be all over this! To bad Darren!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
provisional names are fine at this time. the organisers seem very happy to accommodate us and don't need numbers till closer to the time ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Is santa pod not closer for you, it's cheaper for the day too.
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2015, 03:57 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Is santa pod not closer for you, it's cheaper for the day too.

No bud

UPDATE:

Camping IS free for sure for Friday and Saturday night, or either one, all you have to have done is bought a weekend ticket rather than one day
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'll take a look at this later, could be fun just after my birthday.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I'd be up for something like this, dunno about making a weekend out of it - but a day of 1/4 miles would be a laugh

I can just about go in a straight line, so should be perfect :p

It is such a long way off though, so wouldn't be able to say until much nearer the time

Do they do regular "run what ya brung" type stuff at santa pod then Chris?
Thanks given by:
I could be up for this. Straight line is the only way I push the rally haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2015, 03:57 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Is santa pod not closer for you, it's cheaper for the day too.

The fast show at santa pod is on same weekend.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I didn't see this the first time around. I'm certainly interested!!!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I'd be up for some sort of 1/4 mile event. Santa pod is much closer to me but would be happy to travel depending on who's going to what.

(12-01-2016, 08:58 AM)7057sam Wrote:

Their website says it's the 10th April?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
That's a total bargain compared to stuff like forge action day, shame i probably can't afford it. Sad
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-01-2016, 06:41 AM)Poodle Wrote: That's a total bargain compared to stuff like forge action day, shame i probably can't afford it. Sad

Thats what I was thinking...plus I don't think as a club we done a bunch of 1/4s. 

It's also pretty safe, I'm sure even dumdum could do a straightline for a 1/4 of a mile without hitting any posts.

And the roads round here are epic too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2016, 10:17 PM)Orta Wrote: I'd be up for some sort of 1/4 mile event. Santa pod is much closer to me but would be happy to travel depending on who's going to what.

My bad,would yoi be up for going my mate has a stand on the tarmac area
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2016, 01:57 AM)7057sam Wrote:
(12-01-2016, 10:17 PM)Orta Wrote: I'd be up for some sort of 1/4 mile event. Santa pod is much closer to me but would be happy to travel depending on who's going to what.

My bad,would yoi be up for going my mate has a stand on the tarmac area

I'm up for whatever, wanna get out more this year with the car
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
There is the 306oc Ace Cafe and Castle Combe Spring Action day on this. Everything is on the same weekend.

Ill be at the Ace Cafe Day I think. It would be great to get as many people as possible to that seeing as we have booked it for the day!
Thanks given by:
Yeah sure Sam...

I'm heading to Santa Pod this month anyhow and plan to go to Ace Cafe now...so maybe remove/lock this now?

I'll look at doing another weekend later in the year
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2016, 12:45 AM)Eeyore Wrote: There is the 306oc Ace Cafe and Castle Combe Spring Action day on this. Everything is on the same weekend.

Ill be at the Ace Cafe Day I think. It would be great to get as many people as possible to that seeing as we have booked it for the day!

Wait, what, is there a thread for this 306oc Ace Cafe day? Deffo nearer to me than Combe!
Thanks given by:
As above... Keep hearing about it... But nothing concrete!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2016, 12:45 AM)Eeyore Wrote: There is the 306oc Ace Cafe and Castle Combe Spring Action day on this. Everything is on the same weekend.

You lot should really release details on that before it's past already. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  April lakes meet - South convoy (Friday 19th April) Poodle 66 21,387 19-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Last Post: declantg