XSI Twin Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XSI Twin Turbo
oh, no idea, fit the standard pulley then, as you don't need an adjustable one.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
So, while im waiting for my cylinder head to come back from machining, my focus has recently turned to suspension.

I want to widen the track but I dont want spacers, I just dont like the idea of them.

I do want rose jointed, tubular wishbones though. So I was thinking if I were to make some wishbones up that were say 40/50mm longer, move the top mount 40/50mm and make/source longer driveshafts and track rods that were 40/50mm longer as well.

Then as long as everything is sized up exactly the same then geometry shouldnt change??

I realise its a lot of cutting, welding and fabrication etc, but im not too fussed about that
Thanks given by:
The front camber will change significantly if you do that, cba to do the calculation, but it'll be a lot.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(01-01-2018, 02:52 PM)Poodle Wrote: The front camber will change significantly if you do that, cba to do the calculation, but it'll be a lot.

wont change whatsoever if bottom and top are moved the same distance
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I totally missed the bit where he said he'd move the top mount, I'll stfu lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
This project isn't dead yet!!

Everything's been on hold the past couple of months due to weather, other cars breaking down etc and will be on hold for another few weeks. Mainly because I've managed to convince my land lady to get me a nice big double garage with power/lighting!! So I'm waiting until that's up before doing any more work on this.

I did pick up my cylinder head a couple of weeks ago though and now I have everything bar head gasket and head studs to rebuild the engine.

Have also been looking into a sadev gearbox, but that's mega money! And the hassle of getting driveshafts made etc. I may just have to blow a few standard gearboxes for the time being lol
Thanks given by:
What have to decided on in the end then? Still the two T28 turbos running together?
Thanks given by:
(23-04-2018, 01:26 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: What have to decided on in the end then? Still the two T28 turbos running together?

Yep! If it doesnt work then I can, in theory, just blank the second turbo off and run it as a normal single setup. But if it works... it should be fun!!
Thanks given by:
Been getting a little bit carried away with ideas this evening... Sadev do a 4WD box for transverse engines! All I need to do now is win the lottery...
Thanks given by:
The new mancave is up!

So, gonna pull the XUD in, give that a full engine rebuild. Then once thats out the way in goes the XSI, and the real work can commence!  Rofl
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2018, 10:38 PM)PugLee Wrote: Been getting a little bit carried away with ideas this evening... Sadev do a 4WD box for transverse engines! All I need to do now is win the lottery...

would the old Fiat Panda 4x4 box work?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2018, 03:57 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:
(27-04-2018, 10:38 PM)PugLee Wrote: Been getting a little bit carried away with ideas this evening... Sadev do a 4WD box for transverse engines! All I need to do now is win the lottery...

would the old Fiat Panda 4x4 box work?

Not sure, been looking at evo boxes and having an adapter plate made. I'm more worried about a rear setup, it's a lot of fabrication...
Thanks given by:
simplest setup would be live axle/leaf-spring.

http://www.awdwiki.com/en/fiat/#Panda_I_4x4__1983_2003_
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
also the most terrible and pointless.
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2018, 08:09 AM)welshpug Wrote: also the most terrible and pointless.

which? the Panda box? would that not depend on the amount of abuse it was destined for?
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
wow. what a mancave that is!
Thanks given by:
(Jealous)
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I think he means the live axle setup, whilst is it the simplest, performance wise it offers very little!
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2018, 10:32 PM)PugLee Wrote: I think he means the live axle setup, whilst is it the simplest, performance wise it offers very little!

which was my point in some parts, ie, the fabrication thereof.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Ok so I've decided to go for 4WD, currently sourcing parts for this so watch this space!

As for suspension, are there any geometry wizards on here who want to help me design a double wishbone setup all round?!  lmao

I think I may have to practice my welding lol
Thanks given by:
Nothing on the car front im afraid, just a little update on the garage.

Ive had this week off work so I got the walls painted. The sparkies have been and worked their magic, apart from their supplier gave them the wrong size junction box to wire it all up to the house! So they're back on monday to finish up and get it all switched on.

Also built my workbench, went al little OCD and the carpenter in me came out!

Gonna spend some money and kit it out a little after payday, air compressor, grit blaster, parts washer, new welder etc. Also got some heavy duty floor paint to do the floor and the workbench. Hopefully I can actually get on with the cars then!!
Thanks given by:
oh man. Jealous much!
Thanks given by:
So I spent a bit of money this month...

Nearly setup properly now, XUD is still being worked on for now so not long until the project is rolled in 

On a side note, how do I get these out without breaking them?’

Thanks given by:
Gently prise the middle bit upwards with a flat blade screwdriver. That pulls out then the plug part it sits in will come out. The pin in the middle pushes the mounting tabs on the plug outwards (you'll see what I mean when it's out)
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Only one of them came out without breaking!
Thanks given by:
not exactly double wishbone all round but a scrapped Sierra 4x4 may be a good base for the oily bits.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Lee - that man cave is starting to look awesome already - everything you need in one place for resto work, love it!!
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
(02-10-2018, 08:51 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: not exactly double wishbone all round but a scrapped Sierra 4x4 may be a good base for the oily bits.

A scrapped sierra 4x4 is worth more than a roadworthy 306  Rofl
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
So is a half eaten packet of wotsits tbf...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Its not about the money, but the love of the car!  Rofl
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up (SHOW TIME )project number 3 twin turbo ( SHOW TIME ) pioneer DJ paddy 77 30,288 28-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Last Post: pioneer DJ paddy
Video project number 2 twin turbo :-) how she looks now (-: pioneer DJ paddy 138 56,516 03-03-2016, 04:31 PM
Last Post: pioneer DJ paddy
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 137,146 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave