Oil Filters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil Filters
Everyone usually says to use genuine peugeot ones. I know bosch ones can be bought easier from eurocarparts and will save me a trip. Are the peugeot ones really worth it over the bosch one?

Thanks, Jack
Thanks given by:
Depends if you're going to leave it long enough to clog up. The genuine ones have a release valve iirc and some aftermarkets don't.

I've always used branded aftermarkets on HDis without issue though. Smile
Thanks given by:
Okay that's alright then. I'm sure bosch would have pressure relief valves in theirs but tbf I am never going to leave it in long enough to clog up lol.
Thanks given by:
As above, I've never had an issue with a decent branded filter.

That's all I used on my last HDi that I serviced it every 12k miles (approx 6 months) along with 10W40 Semi and the engine was still spot on with over 250k miles on it.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Standard filter is purflux, you can usually get it cheaper from a motor factors if you want "genuine".
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Where are these motor factors? I have never even seen one haha
Thanks given by:
Google and type in your town and 'motorfactors'...there'll be loads but they're usually randomly in small groups of shops in rough areas and never seem to advertise! That said, I'm not a fan of the locals round here, they're more expensive than the chain stores and don't have what I want in stock.

'We can get it for you by Monday' 'Yeah that's useful, if I wanted it Monday I'd have come in Monday' Rolleyes lol

I tend to frequent the chains like ECP and GSF, also use Jayar and recently MPD after recommendation lol.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  K&N Panel Filters? JTaylor2005 8 1,800 28-10-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: MY95
  Interesting read about open filters and MAF's Paul_13 9 2,471 29-07-2015, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  stage 2+ cone filters and maf Just Sean 76 21,771 13-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Mr Whippy