What to you think about this damage to the turbo?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to you think about this damage to the turbo?
So this just turned up from ebay.

What do you think?

No mention of this in the post or when I quizzed him about the condition of the turbo.

This was quoted “Works perfectly. Good condition.” on the sale post.

Spins nicely though.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Previous owner ran defiltered and lived in the desert maybe? It'll work but surely aero efficiency will be ruined with blades like that?
Thanks given by:
Well I am either going to return it or I was wondering if I could change the damaged blades for the ones out of the other turbo.

Both Gt2256V from Bim'ers.

Old one is 2248834E, 704361-4.
New one is 7785991B, 700935-1.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't be too happy if I received that without anything being mentioned in the description tbh
Thanks given by:
I am not to happy either, would like a nice quick solution pity I left my turbo up at Kris's otherwise I could look at getting things swapped over.
Thanks given by:
Why not buy my brand new GT2256V and be done with it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181901735075
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Already got all the flanges made up for this kind of turbo off a BMW, and I don't really feel like changing them.

Nice try at the sale though and good luck.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that's had something in the inlet, maybe a nut or something. Send it back. You could file the edges smooth but you'd ruin the flow and balance.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
if you've been hunting for ages and got it fairly cheap, I'd be inclined to get another compressor wheel fitted, see if the seller will put anything towards this.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2015, 01:05 PM)welshpug Wrote: if you've been hunting for ages and got it fairly cheap, I'd be inclined to get another compressor wheel fitted, see if the seller will put anything towards this.

yes ask for money towards fixing or return it.
Thanks given by:
I have applied for a return on ebay.

Was looking forward to this turning up today, means I could have maybe started my car this weekend.

At least Powerflew did not let me down with my new exhaust mounts after my ones have gone missing from Kris's.
Thanks given by:
2256Vs aren't rare turbos really... I'd be inclined to try and get another and get your money back...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
This is the second one I have had, so I am sure I can get another. Its just the hassle with my money now being tied up in this turbo until ebay refund me, and with it being a week until pay day I have not got a lot of spare cash.

The first one we broke a week or so ago Sad
Thanks given by:
Buy new, don't buy twice? Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2015, 02:59 PM)silverzx Wrote: Buy new, don't buy twice? Wink

Or buy pick up only stuff then you know its good.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
"New" always makes me suspicious, genuine new Garrett units are bleeding extortionate (read: £1700+) - they're usually rebuilds with poor quality components, because Garrett do not supply rebuild kits for VNT units because they cannot be recalibrated afterwards unless you have incredibly expensive gear (also because they're dicks) - you're supposed to buy an entirely new unit.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Exactly why mines a bargain / gift.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Piston Damage Analysis Dave 2 1,449 30-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Dave