Cambelt wurrring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cambelt wurrring
Ok so as started the cambelt is wurring like its over tensioned, cambelt was only done about 10k ago with a gates kit. First look it looks like the belt may have moved over a little on the pulley
[Image: 2173ae3322d7bdad186e8032b15b44f4.jpg]
Now i also have a lynx engineering crank pulley which ive heard the cambelt can wear into and cause damage to the pulley.
[Image: 12e55f298af0ad38ada9484641f7885e.jpg]
Do i need to worry about this? Belts not at all thrayed on the edge and keeping a close eye on it.
Also what would cause the cambelt to move over like that?
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
gosh, It don't half look like a cd, wonderful finish on that lynx pulley......not sure what the " black" is from 4 to seven o clock, and the "ripples" from 7 to 9 o clock ???

I know what the marks on the really good finish surface are from......does one of the "gouges" contact the belt?? the one at 2 o clock which looks "sharp" sand could damage the belt ? Do any of the other butchery marks contact the belt at all ??

10k miles on a gates belt kit, I paid the extra and got a pug kit, oe parts supposed to be, but the water pump did not have the Peugeot lion and the belt was not marked Peugeot........so much for oe stuff, but they are gunna  honour the guarantee!!!!

Cant figure out where on the engine the picture relates to, belt looks "soggy" and the outer surface looks "worn", belt defo making contact on the right hand side........is a pulley tight, ei stiff to rotate and the belt is skidding and bit, any skreaching ??

you say a whirring noise ??
Thanks given by:
thats an old style pulley they have anodized them now to a dark colour

if the belt is riding that hard against the pulley i suspect one of the pulleys/tensioner/waterpump is not sitting square on the block face
all needs to be cleaned and start again oh and i probably wouldn't use that pulley again

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Yeah get a 307 pully on it if you want a solid one. Best bet imo.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Update on this (just realised i never concluded the thread).

Turns out the wurring sound was my over tensioned aux belt (dont run a tensioner)
The second she threw the aux belt the noise stopped. Really should of checkes this first but every time the aux belt comes off ut has to be replaced or else it slips.....

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2015, 04:57 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote:  every time the aux belt comes off ut has to be replaced or else it slips.....

You're doing it wrong then.. Still using a solid bottom pulley?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
That's just stretch belts for you, really crap idea whoever came up with them.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(15-12-2015, 07:02 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(15-12-2015, 04:57 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote:  every time the aux belt comes off ut has to be replaced or else it slips.....

You're doing it wrong then.. Still using a solid bottom pulley?
Still using it yeah. If theres a correct way to run the belt from the crank pulley to the alternator then please enlighten me

I actually abondened stretch fits as normal last longer, devised a technique thay uses plastic tyre levers to get it off (while engine runs)
Getting it on is just a bitch.

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Why not run a slightly longer belt and a tensioner?

Thanks given by:
Not possible. The tensioner dosnt even touch on the setup. Only way would be to make and add in an idler pulley

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
I ran my hdi with just the tensioner no stretch belt. The tensioner only just touch's the belt and squeals. You have to relive a bit on the tensioner so I can go a bit further. Took mine off and zipped with a grinder. Spot on after that. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
^this, it runs fine with a bit of thinking about it.

Thanks given by: