306 newbie...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 newbie...
Hi all - Some people may know my good self from 106oc etc, for those that don't - I'm Lewis, I'm 21 and from Birmingham, I have a weird obsession with French cars, I think I'm up to 9? Now.

Either way, I've moved up in the world from a 106 to a 306, bought a 306 cabrio for £300 when my 106 broke, then sold it to my mom and bought a 306 DTurbo with the money from it. I was originally going to bin it off when I had fixed the 106, but it's grown on me just a bit too much to do that now! So now I've got a 106 in parts and a 306.

Things to know, it's an XU, not a DW, Lucas pump, and has a few small gremlins. First one being, if I swing around a corner, the oil light comes on, my thought was it may just be low on oil (My AX did this when it was low on oil), it is not.

The heater does not work even after a new motor and control panel.

Passenger mirror doesn't work.

Not too much then!

Anyway I think that's enough of an introduction! Plans are to keep it tidyish and turn up the pump to make it have a bit more go.

Here's the car in question, obviously the T1Rs are required for all 89bhp! Rofl 

[Image: aayzco.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along. Get a bosch pump on there rather than fiddling with the lucarse. Also oil light is cause for concern. Could just be low like you said get it checked asap. Plenty of mods for these youll catch the bug if youre not carefull. Have a look round and enjoy. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
You must have loved that cabby to have sold it to your mom, most sell and don't answer their phone for 2 days lol
Thanks given by:
Hi Lewis... Smile
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2015, 12:53 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: You must have loved that cabby to have sold it to your mom, most sell and don't answer their phone for 2 days lol
lmao red Big Grin

Welcome mate, looks alright Wink where abouts from brum you from?

Lucas pumps are a pita to turn up, get it bosch'ed and the fun begins Wink

Please don't take this to heart too much but...at least you've made it into the proper cars and not the lil toy ones you used to like lol Big Grin

Look forward to seeing you about and a project... maybe? Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
hii Smile
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2015, 08:38 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Hi Lewis... Smile

Hello there Tom, long time no speak! Thought you might remember me Wink

(18-10-2015, 08:56 AM)highwayman306 Wrote:
(18-10-2015, 12:53 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: You must have loved that cabby to have sold it to your mom, most sell and don't answer their phone for 2 days lol
lmao red Big Grin

Welcome mate, looks alright Wink where abouts from brum you from?

Lucas pumps are a pita to turn up, get it bosch'ed and the fun begins Wink

Please don't take this to heart too much but...at least you've made it into the proper cars and not the lil toy ones you used to like lol Big Grin

Look forward to seeing you about and a project... maybe? Wink

I am from the lovely* Erdington area - If you know that part I'm on the Brookvale estate.
I'm thinking about it as it needs a cambelt doing so I can see it as an excuse to change the pump while I'm there!
Haha, I've had a lot of 106's and Saxo's now, had a 1.1 I killed, a 1.5D that threw a rod on the M6, a Saxo with a VTR conversion that I crashed after the driveshaft snapped and wrapped around the lower arm, and then this:

[Image: wgpx1e.jpg]

Lovely car, but it has 180,000 miles on it and it's starting to show a little bit! Like I said I don't know what end of Birmingham you're from but if you've seen a white 106 Rallye replica with Japanese stickers on the boot, it was mine.

Yep definitely a project! I'm not getting rid of this now, it's grown on me a bit!
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome! Dont listen to this lot, although i have love for my 306 rallye (and the rest of my french fleet ninja ) I still have more love for my old S1 106 rallye and any of the 4 106 GTi's ive had, Also had 9 saxos of which 4 were 16v flavour Tongue fantastic little machines!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by: