1.4 not starting after battery change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.4 not starting after battery change
So theres a guy that lives a couple of doors up from my mum, he has a China 1.4 on the driveway that his missus used to drive. He asked me recently if I knew anyone that wanted it, I basically told him no, as most of our members are too far away, and most likely wouldn't want a 1.4 anyway.

I stopped at mums today, and he called me over, asking if I could help, as "You know 306's". Dodgy He's had this 1.4 running yesterday and the day before (apparently....not sure he's all there really, but you help out where you can don't you? Wink ), changed the battery today, and now it turns over, but won't fire. Apparently there wasnt much (if any) petrol in it, but he's put more in now. I tried cranking it to pull fuel through (assuming it may have been completely dry) until the battery started sagging, then tried some more after hooking up a set of jump leads, but still nothing.

There's fuel getting through as far as I can see, and obviously the battery is in good enough nick, does anyone have any suggestions?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Little red button top corner. Press it. Was probably knocked while doing the change.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
or may have dropped a wire off the battery terminal fitting the new battery
check for missed unconnected battery wires

can you hear the tank pump trying to prime?

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(13-10-2015, 07:25 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Little red button top corner. Press it. Was probably knocked while doing the change.

Good shout, didnt think of that! Might give him a knock tomorrow and check it.

Cully, didn't actually even get in the car myself, and I wasn't thinking too much about it, but if the red button doesnt work, I'll check your suggestions. Wink
Thanks given by:
Try pulling off the big brown relay behind the ecu then put it back and try turning it over!?!
Thanks given by:
Went to see him today about this, and the car is gone, so I assume he either got it started, or it was towed away. Either way, it's no longer a problem. Thanks for the comments anyway though guys. Wink
Thanks given by: