Rear waterpipe flange

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear waterpipe flange
Ha! flange...

I've got the part  I need to fix my 306 here (I snapped the plastic flange when putting the engine back in Sad )
But goolging other 306 HDIs the flange looks different, mine has the waterpipe running along the inner drivers wheel arch, do they not all do this?
Perhaps the alter ones with the water cooled EGR valve mech don't have this?

Pic of one with a 'blunt' end:
[Image: XCNus25.png]

Pic of mine with the pointy end:
(it's sort of upside down in this pic though)

[Image: cJxUmk6.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure that's a pic of lars' engine, hence the gt22 strapped on lol. Iirc it was in a 205 so he had to do a lot of rerouting, therefore fitted a different coolant distribution housing. The one you've posted the picture of is the correct item.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ahh cool, probably explains that! 
servicebox shows the blunt ended one for the 306 hdi, that's why i wondered.

I've ordered the second one, same external shape, but both smaller ports sticking up are open, the one I've broken has the inner port blocked.
Might have to order a silicone blank.
Thanks given by:
Oh ok, fair enough, random. I guess they must have updated the pipe routing at some point.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
thanks for the heads up on this item.....is the engine still out of the car??

if so please please please could you post a pic of the crank locking pin "hole" which is somewhere by the starter motor please
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2015, 09:09 AM)pug306driver Wrote: thanks for the heads up on this item.....is the engine still out of the car??

if so please please please could you post a pic of the crank locking pin "hole" which is somewhere by the starter motor please

I've a photo of that somewhere.... let me check

Find the blanking plug in the block ,and the diagonal support web below it, follow the web up to the locking hole.
Starter has been removed in these pics.

[Image: zRzJ4CC.png]

[Image: ySQp2v4.png]

[Image: w8BUcMW.png]
Thanks given by: pug306driver
thank you thank you thank you, will crawl under the car this weekend as its approaching mot time and work needs to be done, thanks again.

best forum in the country I feel..... Blush
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  turbo outlet flange to make custom down pipe pro_steve 5 2,059 25-06-2015, 11:26 PM
Last Post: HDi--Power