How can I get this bloody streaking off my window?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I get this bloody streaking off my window?!
I'm a bit confused as to why it wont come off. I applied rain-x to the windscreen and was all swirl/mark free when buffed in, all's well so far. Then I also ran out of washer fluid, filled it up with screenwash and when parked outside the house put the washers on to get the new fluid to come through and squirt onto the windscreen. Again, all's well so far. Ever since though I've got streaks going round down my windscreen from top to bottom (where I imagine the screen wash has just run down the window and dried as the car wasn't driven anywhere at that time).

But I can't for the life of me get rid of them! I've washed the window, used Auto Glym glass cleaner, Auto Glym glass polish, combined leaving me with a really clean shiny windscreen, but the streaks remain!

Any ideas on how to get rid of them?
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, if you have any clay you could give that a go? I've never used RainX but maybe it needs some time to dry properly before applying fluids to it, especially stuff like screenwash?
Thanks given by:
To me it sounds like the rain-x washing off with the screen wash tbh but if you can't polish it off with glass polish then I'm confused!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats what confusing me, I used glass cleaner and it cleaned the window but left the streaks there lol, wtf like. People have suggested vinegar and newspaper so will try that next
Thanks given by:
Vinegar would probably be a good idea. If that doesn't work then as I said then clay would probably do the trick as it'll pick up the remnants of the rainx
Thanks given by:
Smash the windscreen with a hammer and get a replacment
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bloody Rain-X....that stuff officially sucks hairy testicles
Thanks given by:
dont understand why people use this stuff, thats what wipers are for.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It does work well when its applied properly. You can also get some that mixes in with your screen wash. The skoda stuff has it in and it works really well. I assume it's a lot thinner and so can just be sprayed on every time you use e washers.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I hate Rain-X, causes nothing but aggro. I just polish the glass and use decent screen wash, works fine for me.

Serious suggestion though, cut a fresh potato in half and rub the screen with it. Then wash off the potato bits. Guy on gti6 forum told me about it and it worked a treat.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-an ... d_348.html

This stuff is incredible, also helps the screen defrost much quicker too.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Much like half a potato, a brick will also do the trick. Aim at the streaks and throw as hard as you can. Bingo, no more streaks
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
use vinegar but rub it with a news paper, or use white spirit again on news paper, you may need to do it a few times but it will clear. autosmart do a window polish, cant remember the name, its a light green colour you apply like bodywork polish , apply leave to dry and wipe off with a dry rag.. the plus with it is it cleans and it gives similer results to rain x......
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How the bloody hell does it come off? Niall 50 7,636 15-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Last Post: HDIkyle