Moving a 306 with no engine/driveshafts in

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving a 306 with no engine/driveshafts in
I need to temporarily relocate my 306 project outside of the barn it's sat in, but the engine and gearbox and both driveshafts are out of the car.
Is it ok to push around in this condition? I've read horror stories of hubs getting ovalled if the driveshaft isn't in, as well as wheel or suspension falling off/collapsing. But not sure if this is down to those particular cars intricacies in how the hubs/front of the car is built. 

Only got to push it 10 metres  Wink
Thanks given by:
You'd probably get away with it, but I'd be inclined to put shafts in for peace of mind.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
lol. you shouldnt but in reality why mine was off the road i must have pushed it a mile in total with no driveshafts in
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2015, 05:07 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: You'd probably get away with it, but I'd be inclined to put shafts in for peace of mind.

I should of added, what do you attach them too? Hub nut one side obviously, and the passenger  side can be tied in ok, but the long flapy drivers side? 
Well it is only 10 metres, perhaps it can be supported for that!
Thanks given by:
just push it 10 meters youll be fine
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Just bang the shafts back in and push it. They sit on the subframe nicely. Just keep an eye on them so they don't get caught up on anything
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
awesome Smile

Be able to jet wash all the barn dust+crap off it outside.
Thanks given by:
I have a couple of ends off driveshafts i put in when the cars got no engine etc in
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving fag charger location Mac22 7 1,685 24-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Mac22
  House moving cost cpikey316_ 22 4,665 30-07-2016, 06:20 AM
Last Post: cpikey316_
  Maybe moving.... to Stroud! Anyone local? cpikey316_ 5 3,318 29-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Last Post: cpikey316_