ZX sills?????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZX sills?????
Does anyone know where I could get replacement sills for my 3 door zx? There discontinued from the manufacturer so would settle for non gen replacements.
Cheers in advance
Thanks given by:
might be worth getting yours patched up, as I had a right nightmare trying to get panels for my car, the company who used to make after market panels hadrain panels went bust, The company that bought them out (carbodypanels4u) say the have they have panels in stock online , but they don't, I had to chase them up as well as some else on another car forum I am a member of, to get a refund.
Thanks given by:
There were never 3 door replacements available afaik, only 5 door were an option. eitehr way best making them up from sheet metal or cutting good replacements from a donor car
Thanks given by:
I may fab some up myself then so, as mines are past patching lol,
Thanks given by:
They are very hard to shape, compound curves everywhere, best to cut out a non rotten set and weld them in
Thanks given by:
zx isnt too nad to do, a lot simpler shape, main issue is the rot on the inner layered panels.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I'm a body man so il make a attempt at it anyway lol, will have to wait to next year tho as there is other projects in the shed which need attention first
Thanks given by:
that's what the Cortina lads do, rick, just draft something up. One restore thread I read, the lad spent hours and hours tapping away to replicate an oem panel, for the boot floor. looked a work of art by the time he was finished!
Thanks given by:
Could try "A" panels on South Street in Glasgow!?! Worth a google!
No similar sills on other models that you can tweak? Ax 309 bx?
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2015, 05:43 PM)welshpug Wrote: zx isnt too nad to do, a lot simpler shape, main issue is the rot on the inner layered panels.

This, compound curves on 306 sill makes it a bastard, I made mine and it was perfect but by f*ck it made me swear, I wouldn't do another for less than a couple of hundred if it was as bad.
However, you'll find you put 4x as much work into the inner layered panels and reinforcements than the outer.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2015, 07:17 PM)procta Wrote: that's what the Cortina lads do, rick, just draft something up. One restore thread I read, the lad spent hours and hours tapping away to replicate an oem panel, for the boot floor. looked a work of art by the time he was finished!

Don't start me on cortina bits lol, I've a mk2 lotus In the shed waiting on a restoration     

(10-10-2015, 11:15 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: Could try "A" panels on South Street in Glasgow!?! Worth a google!

Will do mate
There was a guy told me he put mk3 golf ones on his
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2015, 08:56 PM)Ricky volcane Wrote:
(10-10-2015, 07:17 PM)procta Wrote: that's what the Cortina lads do, rick, just draft something up. One restore thread I read, the lad spent hours and hours tapping away to replicate an oem panel, for the boot floor. looked a work of art by the time he was finished!

Don't start me on cortina bits lol, I've a mk2 lotus In the shed waiting on a restoration 

(10-10-2015, 11:15 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: Could try "A" panels on South Street in Glasgow!?! Worth a google!

Will do mate
There was a guy told me he put mk3 golf ones on his
That's a pretty special old cortina you got there bud! Worth? 25k???
Ever rally it?
If mk3 golf is close you could check the spec on mk1-2 scirocco sills?
Thanks given by:
Yeah man it's a cool old ford, if it was in respectable condition itd be worth that mate yeah.
Priceless to me sort of.
Sadly some man has removed the original lotus twin can engine, but there's a fully built pinto in it on some nice 40's . I'm 24 so most of my mates just don't get it lol!!
Il look into that mate as from the pics the mk3 sills don't look bad atall
Thanks given by: