HDi coolant bleeding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi coolant bleeding
So unless i missed it, i had a look around and no-one has doing an actual guide on coolant bleeding .

So you're ready to remove all that air. First off, grab yourself an old rag and a empty 2 litre pop bottle like shown in the first picture. I cut a hole in the rag just big enough to put the bottle head in. Stops spillage over your alternator. I also blocked the overfill hole on the header tank to stop it dripping but thats upto you.
[Image: 108fcd7533451b3b8c01e44f90ca829e.jpg]
Fill the bottle up almost to the top and remove the heater matrix and thermostat bleed screw. My thermostat bleed screw was an allen key bolt so you might want to crack the inital bit off first.
[Image: e7470e458d1a7cfcf8de9ac121a17b3d.jpg]
[Image: 4c031ddbf940b0ef5a69ac4db2671b1c.jpg]
Wont take long before you have coolant spluttering out from both bleed screws. You want to wait until its a contious flow of coolant, not spluttering and making sure all the air is out. Make sure you keep the header tank topped up.
There you go done, all you need to do now is start the car and run it upto tempature. If the coolant level drops.. Fill it up.
Thanks given by:
cool, nice to know that a tyre valve cap is ok to use, was after a yellow metal ( not gold !! ) type cap so I can stop worrying now!!

our brass thermostate bleed screw leaks from the hex hole when cold, have new one ( only available in packs of 5 from pug, but the dealer had one left so we bought it, I bet they have had to get another pack of 5, 5 years supply no dought ! ) ....will post part number tomorrow info at home.
Thanks given by: