NAD differences, XUD to DW8

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAD differences, XUD to DW8
Seem to have read conflicting things about this. Some says there's no difference at all. Some say the dw8 has an ecu...

I'm confused! Reason I'm asking is one of the jobs I'm potentially going for involves a very lengthy commute. Now if the 1.4 hdi was still going I wouldn't have a prob but with that dead I'm looking at cheap solutions and was thinking of giving veg oil a go...

I know everyone will be crying out to get the turbo but performance literally means nothing to me. The drive is 58 miles down the a1. I live 2 minute drive one end and work is two roads over from coming off it so I will only accelerated twice a day. Once joining headed south and once joining headed north.

There's a pretty decent 02 plate dw8 estate (need an estate as well u c) near me hence my interest in the differences and whether they can take a Bosch and run veg just as well as the older 1.9 xud. 

Help appreciated Heart
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Mate of mine has a 2000 dw8 with bosch pump as standard... Been running veg for 18mths now
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As piggy says. If you have a bosch your sorted if not you can drop an xud directly into it and run veg. Super cheap motoring. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Get yourself a 306 HDI Estate, you say you don't need the performance, but imagine trying to get up to speed as well as the 5th gear pull from 50 on the motorway which you will need, no brainer for me! All the space from the estate, cheap running costs, more mpg than the NAD anyway, and you get to keep your sanity! lol
Thanks given by:
Assuming it doesn't have a Bosch... Is there a difference between one for the xud, xudt and dw8? Is there any other mods recommended to run veg beyond this?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
The tax on an 02 nad is more than a HDi...

And yes they have an an ECU but are only semi controlled and are still idi so should be ok on veg.
Thanks given by:
A NAD bosch pump is different as it doesn't have the boost compensator.
Thanks given by:
So id need to find an nad Bosch? Let me guess... Rocking horse shit?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2015, 10:47 AM)Orta Wrote: So id need to find an nad Bosch? Let me guess... Rocking horse shit?

nope, td pump will work fine
Thanks given by:
Some have bosch nad pumps, some have Lucas mech pumps, and some are lucas semi ecu (timing / egr control), but whichever, a normal bosch can be fitted no problem....Personally wouldn't bother with veg though, just hassle / issues quite honestly. Will cost so little to run anyway do the right thing and fill it with diesel not gloopy / watery veg oil!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
But to summarise a late dw8 will take a Bosch just as good as the older one. Though I assume as there's an ecu you can adjust the fuelling etc like u can on the older ones?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
You say you won't wanna accelerate, but you probably will.
You're working like, south of Huntingdon or something right??

The roads get pretty clogged up round there, it's nice to have a bit of poke behind you with all the slowing down and speeding up that go's on - otherwise you'll get cut up by everything from a mini to HGV
Thanks given by:
Found sum threads on the wider web regarding this. Some are saying I need injectors from a Bosch engine as well as the pump?

Also, anyone know of any guides for fitting an xud9 Bosch to a dw8?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
This is a NAD xud Bosch I take it? This be the right bad boy for a dw8?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/111761276507
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
ideally run bosch injectors with a bosch pump. Though people have run lucus ones without issues.

Thats is a NAD bosch pump, looks like its come off the XUD but should work in theory.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xud into partner van. Differences, and wiring help!! Matt 32 10,580 16-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Sump Differences?? sweeney1987 9 2,058 11-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191
  water pump differences? ash23 1 957 11-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Last Post: ConorTRG