Sparks?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sparks?
Driving in an enthusiastic way caused my car to spark from the exhaust. Guessing that this is a bad thing haha?
Thanks given by:
had this before on dervs. last time i had it we looked out on the road in a panic state and it was a bit of really hot soot clump. fell out of one of mine in some exuberant night driving
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yeahh could see them floating around in my rear mirror :/ Maybe it's to do with the fact I have the 125hp stage 1 but still ain't got round to doing a decat?
Thanks given by:
Its not that mate, will be another reason, mine hasn't been decatted and is also around 125bhp and has never done that.
Thanks given by:
It's just soot build up, usually in the cat hence the sparks when it burns out. I've seen it on decatted cars though.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I had it happen a few times, kinda like an angle grinder in the exhaust lol
Thanks given by:
You need to drive it hard more often!! I've had it once that I know of, bought the car off an old lady that didn't drive it properly. Tongue
Thanks given by:
I mustn't get them Tom as I drive my HDI hard daily lol
Thanks given by:
Shot flames out my xud once, brother in law was following and told me, pulled up and backbox was on fire on the tip, threw some water on it then took it on a 3rd gear rag to burn it all off, didn't do it again lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
my stg1+ shoots sparks out the back on a hard hoon, that has a decat and a straight through fitted Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Ive also had this after a seriously hard hoon on my old stage 1 HDi Smile just sat there ticking over afterwards with little sparks shooting out the exhaust lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Had this on a few XUD's after some 'spirited' driving - none of them had cats, but were probably grannied around for some time before I got in.

Looks interesting to say the least at night
Thanks given by:
Yeah if you drive like a granny for a while, let the soot build up then hammer it sparks everywhere! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Used to get this on the stage 1 when smashing it. I reckon my95 might just be a sunday driver. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sunday driver?
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2015, 10:30 AM)MY95 Wrote: Sunday driver?

yeah, as in, "get out the fcuking way! What do you think it is, bas***d Sunday?" Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Thought he meant like a granny driver on a Sunday morning aha
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2015, 10:44 AM)MY95 Wrote: Thought he meant like a granny driver on a Sunday morning aha
on the way to church, yes he did, that's it exactly ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
I'd check the earth straps on your exhaust. Usually the original ones have long broken up. Worth having it earthed properly if sparks are being created.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Think it's only the '6s that had earth straps.

Its not actually 'sparks' anyway, just burning coal embers lol.
Thanks given by:
I dont go to church aha, but I can tell you my HDI gets a good bit of stick everyday lol
Thanks given by:
Smile 
(01-10-2015, 10:39 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

yeah, as in, "get out the fcuking way! What do you think it is, bas***d Sunday?" Big Grin

So, you lot are the bastards that keep honking your horns and shaking your fists at me.

Now I know where you live.

Steve (old and overcareful pussy of a driver)[Image: smile.png]
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2015, 08:05 PM)steve1001 Wrote:

So, you lot are the bastards that keep honking your horns and shaking your fists at me.

Steve (old and overcareful pussy driver)

lmao
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2015, 08:05 PM)steve1001 Wrote:

Steve (old and overcareful pussy of a driver)[Image: smile.png]

Your welcome Tongue   we will just gently jog away from your slow paced driving if you show up at our houses Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by: