Hdi mid box to backbox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi mid box to backbox
I'm doing the mid box to backbox conversion and I've forgotten how it sounded on my last car without the decat. Anyone who's done it happy with the sound without decat?
Thanks given by:
Done this to mine a few weeks ago..... to cut a long story short as soon as id got home id ordered a new standard backbox!
Far too boomy for me!
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2015, 02:09 PM)aaron_one Wrote: I'm doing the mid box to backbox conversion and I've forgotten how it sounded on my last car without the decat. Anyone who's done it happy with the sound without decat?

It's not much different from standard, helps nicely with flow though. MY95 are you sure it wasn't catching the bumper or something, it's really not that loud!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Defo wasnt catching anything Jonny! Probably didnt help it was around 1/2 a metre from the cut out in the bumper though, got it as a spare though for when the next one inevietably fails aha
Thanks given by:
Is that with a decat too? Need to decat mine but no local welders will agree to weld it back up :/
Thanks given by:
I can make you a decat if you like, drop me a PM
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
That was without a decat.
Thanks given by:
Sounds good haha I need a bit of oomf in the car, hopefully I'll get hold of a decat too, just don't fancy paying 50 quid right now
Thanks given by:
Id either go Stage 1 and leave it as tha (quiet nippy cruiser) or go Stage 2 (wont be that much quicker with a decat or exhaust mod, just louder and more boomy!)
Thanks given by:
Just done the conversion, it's not any louder than the standard box id say! Definitely need to decat it now
Thanks given by:
I've been wanting to do this for ages, is it that simple
Thanks given by:
Maybe mine just needs a tip at the end rather than just a box then cut off at the pipe to extend it further
Thanks given by:
Also would I need a estate mid section, or will a hatchback one work
Thanks given by:
It is really quite simple, buy the box, m6 threaded bar (easier to bend and shape) and it took about an hour and a half to 2 hours because I cocked up and had to go buy another bar lol. You can use the same box as far as I'm aware
Thanks given by:
I think once I've got it back on the road then I'll do this
Thanks given by: