2.0 HDI 16v 136bhp - Pros and cons?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.0 HDI 16v 136bhp - Pros and cons?
So im looking at a 2005 307 hdi as a daily, the 136bhp 2.0 hdi 6 speed.

Any information on this engine non 307 specific?

Reliability? Tunability? 

Any insight be helpful
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Also interested in this as also looking at these. Very cheap for what you get with these at the moment.
Thanks given by:
They're solid engines, reliable if maintained and very economical if you're careful with the loud pedal. I'd avoid DPF and particle filters if possible. You'll see stage 2 8v power (160-170) with a remap.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info, how does the dmf handle that kind of power?
Thanks given by:
Erm.. Just fine if you understand how to avoid giving it a hard time. Drive it like my housemate drives his mapped S40 and it'll last about 6 months!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
haha okay I see. Might be worth a look then
Thanks given by:
Tuning potential should be greater if you're looking at going mad with it, much easier to find suitable injectors.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just be aware, these engines are quite a bit different to the DW10 8v - the mounting is different, they sit at 15* rather than the 30* of the DW10TD etc - they are influenced a lot by the Ford era... Use the Siemens SID803 management system which just isn't as well known by lots of tuners - not to say it's untunable, but you can't tune over OBD, it's an ECU out job.

IMHO you're better off going for a RHW/RHM/RHT 110 16v with Bosch management, basically no different in terms of engine design from the RHR , but vastly easier to fit Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
thanks for the info ruan, but I am actually looking to buy the car as is and not retrofit it to a 306.

Would the 1.6 16v hdi be a better shout in the 307?
Thanks given by:
Going to look at a 307 RHR as having looked at e46 320d they seem to have way more faults
Thanks given by:
Probably better off with the 2.0 imo, the 307 is a bit of a fat knacker.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
yeah poodle im hoping the 136 with a remap would be lively enough as I know the 8v 307 is slow as my dad has one lol
Thanks given by:
RHR doesn't seem to be too bad an engine. As per normal the turbo is really hard to get to, but I like the fact the fuel pump is on the right of the camshaft so it's really easy to change (if you need to) rather than having to take the cambelt off.

Tuning is really complicated, but it's a really clever ECU so once you find out how to edit things properly it seems to work really well. I got mine up to 170 BHP with just a DPF delete and a hollow DPF canister but I think the turbo was a bit of a duff one, would love to buy another if I had the time but I've got other projects to play with. I think a low mileage RHR would see above 170 quite easily.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by: