What are these magic boxs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are these magic boxs
As above. They live on the back of the ecu. There are 3. 1s a glow plug relay the others are what??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
fuel/ecu relay
glow plug relay
water heater relay

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
thanks man. just means i can ditch all of them off. thank god. less magic boxs the better
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
ecu/fuel is used its the main power relay on the HDI Wink

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
ok fair enough, ill be looking over the wiring tonight and seeing what can be ditched off
Thanks given by:
i wouldnt ditch the glow plug rely ither Wink

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
Yeah, I'd leave all of those TBH
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
just gonna run glowies manually like i did with the xud as all my wiring is already there. also who the f*ck needs a water heater in it. sod that. lol. ill be pulling the loom off the hdi thining it down to bare essentials then taping back up. i reckon more than 50 % isnt needed to run it. seems pointless to have imo
Thanks given by:
You can do, seems like more effort than needed really. And the water heater is really useful, improves MPG massively as without it, you can drive for half an hour and not reach normal operating temperature. There's not all that much you can do without that I can think of besides A/C, EGR and air doser if fitted. There's also another plug along the front that I'm sure has a blanking cover from the factory.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Im having to wire this from scratch. So the less wires i use the better. To be honest i cant see it not warming up within half hour of driving
Thanks given by:
Driving my heavy stage 1 with no coolant pre-heater took best part of 20 minutes to come up to temp. Just saying lol. Another vote here for keeping all of them, iirc they use the glowies in busrts to heat the chamber for the first couple of minutes.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well ill see what i can find with the wiring. I really cant see me keeping a lot of it. Maybe its my old xud mentality
Thanks given by:
I'd ditch the additional heater Gubbins but the other two should be kept..,.,
Thanks given by:
keep all 3, as the others have said.. unless this is gonna get a nice long time to heat up in the mornings/when you use it..

the glowplugs on the HDi are rarely on, i have seen my light.. twice? i think, but its still better to have the ECU do that bit of the thinking for you though..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
The glowplugs get used all the time on the hdi, they cycle on and off until the car is fully up to temp while the engine is below 2krpm. The light on the dash has no bearing as to whether they are on or off.
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2015, 01:33 AM)HDi--Power Wrote: The glowplugs get used all the time on the hdi, they cycle on and off until the car is fully up to temp while the engine is below 2krpm. The light on the dash has no bearing as to whether they are on or off.

This. If you watch the live diags they're actually on quite a lot for emmisions BUT aren't 'needed', you can start a CR engine without plugs (when you forget to refit the wire Itwasntme ) without any problem down to at least 10c in my experience, the light only comes on in minus temps iirc. You do need the coolant heater though, you'll have to give it a boot to get up to temp otherwise, I often did the whole half hour trip to town without getting up to temp at 30-40mph stuck behind old people. Giving them a boot through the national limit warmed them up quicker lol.

Don't forget it's also not only the engine temp but the heaters will take forever as well!
Thanks given by: