Tesco fuel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesco fuel
Good morning dudes, really sunny here today Blush

However yesterday I put £30 of Tesco diesel in the car and now its playing up occasionally.

She has been fine since we got the car and has good performance along with good fuel economy, no smoke from the exhaust and

and always a good starter.  When I forget to change down a gear and the engine has low revs, about 1k to 12oo revs it does stutter a little bit, but that's to be expected I suppose.

Since putting Tesco fuel in yesterday, after about 100 miles ( she had about 1/4 of a tank before putting the Tesco fuel in ) and after some sharp corners, she felt like she had no power, and then cleared after a few seconds.

Some more mileage ( about 100 miles there and 100 miles back ) and some more sharp corners, she does it again for a few seconds, then back to normal, plenty of go.

She flew up ( I floored it on the approach to this hill and was doing over the national speed limit most of the way up the hill, with her pulling well in 5th, she went round the top sharp corner with no problem after slowing down )  a very long and steep hill with no problems and got home ok.

She seems fine this morning but have only been 2 miles so far.

I will be draining the fuel filter today as see what comes out.

Now, since she misbehaves  after some sharp corners, with a very noticeable drop off in power and defo a misfire and stutter for  a second or 2 , then back to normal, but was all ok going up hill, possibly some water or crap in the tank ?? sloshing about in the sharp corners and being pick up by the tank pump, but ok up hill ( water etc runs to the low point in the tank, at the back of the tank ) ??

do the engine sensor and injector wires go directly to the ecu or vai the 2 large round connectors ?

possibly make and break contact in the "engine loom" due to vibe, age and fatique ??

I will be checking the fuel drain sample first.

Test procedure for the TPS ?

opinions please.
Thanks given by:
sounds like fuel surge, I.e slow down on corners more Wink

could be weak lift pump
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Some years ago i had issues with my Gti-6 cutting out and running rough. After testing sensors, coils, plugs and other usual suspects. It tuned out it was Tesco fuel. Never been back since.
Thanks given by: