How much?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much?
Hi guys, I'm currently looking for a 306 Hdi but I'm unsure of how much to spend on one, there aren't any decent ones that I can see for sale at the moment but any advice on how much I'm looking at spending would be much appreciated
Thanks given by:
Start by looking for one with as little mileage as possible ( less than 100000 is hopeful but the one you want! ) and with service history, receipts for work done, 3 door or 5 door?
£350-£600 dependant on overall condition and milage and up to a grand'ish for a minter
Thanks given by:
I'd be wary of anything low mileage tbh, diesel engines don't like doing short, infrequent journeys. In fact, my own was relatively low mileage when i bought it and had all sorts of running problems, whereas the one i bought on 140-something thousand miles back in 2010 was the best i've owned. Not sure what prices are like up your way, but £500 is dog money down here, looking at a grand plus for anything worth having unless you're smart about buying.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I paid just under 4k for a dealer sold 60k W-reg about 10 yrs ago, (had a warranty back then)
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I paid 1200 or 1400 for my first 306 a few years ago and it was an absolute minter, it's a minter I'm after so I think I'll get saving and prepare to travel! Thanks for the comments guys, some good pointers
Thanks given by:
Tbh I think you'll need to do work on any 306 these days, I cant remember the last minter I saw...just overpriced, slightly less shit ones. lol

I've paid between £150 and £750 for HDis in the last 3 years, none were even close to my idea of mint!!
Thanks given by:
I paid £175 for my hdi estate. With no mot and almost everything broken. Good engine and box though. Thats all i wanted.
#unhelpfulpost
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Should be able to pick up a half decent 1 for around £600-800 i would say. But as has been said most need work these days
Thanks given by:
i bought my hdi estate for £300 with a dead clutch and MOT. For a good one id be saying 800+. As for mileage id say 130k is pretty reasonable.
Thanks given by:
Paid £400 for a non runner hdi dturbo the other week with 130k on the clock.

Decent 3 door hdi dturbos are fetching around the £800 mark, some slightly more and some slightly less. all depends on condition and colour
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I know of a 5dr china HDI Dturbo with MOT until July 16 for £275, it needs a new passenger wing & a wheel refurb though as the clones are shot.
Thanks given by:
All of the above!
Have you found one yet? What are you actually after?
Thanks given by:
I've seen a few, I have a rover metro project I'm trying to shift first before I can view any. I get paid very soon so I could buy one at the end of the month. I've seen a silver hdi estate for 550 Ono on Friday ads which sounds promising. I'm basically after a phase 3 hdi, it doesn't matter whether it's 3-5 door, hatchback or estate but I would like an estate
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2015, 06:10 PM)aaron_one Wrote: I've seen a few, I have a rover metro project I'm trying to shift first before I can view any. I get paid very soon so I could buy one at the end of the month. I've seen a silver hdi estate for 550 Ono on Friday ads which sounds promising. I'm basically after a phase 3 hdi, it doesn't matter whether it's 3-5 door, hatchback or estate but I would like an estate

Whats this metro project? Don't mention it too Procta or we will never hear the end of it Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Tbh they're all old enough now that good history is all the guidance you've got beyond your own eyes. As redordead says at the top, find one with a ton of receipts if you can.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It's a 1993 white 1.1 metro advantage and the plan was to get it like mint and drop a bcc the engine from an mgtf in there, it's MOTD until August next year, 26k genuine mileage, no proof but the engine is sweet as a nut and it speaks for itself when someone has a drive. Looking for 500, but I just want a nice 306 estate I can play around with and I know they can be reliable if a good one is bought. Just love the look of estates lowered and polished up with a few mods here and there.
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2015, 01:50 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I know of a 5dr china HDI Dturbo with MOT until July 16 for £275, it needs a new passenger wing & a wheel refurb though as the clones are shot.

Where is it? ninja
Thanks given by:
There's a blue estate on eBay with £1000+ worth of invoices, 3 owners, 9 stamps but the engine is on 176k, that's quite high isn't it? I want it for a long while
Thanks given by:
176k? Lol... I've had one on 276k!! Still going well with it's new owner as far as I'm aware. Tongue There was one on here that'd passed 300k as well...
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2015, 07:58 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(25-09-2015, 01:50 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I know of a 5dr china HDI Dturbo with MOT until July 16 for £275, it needs a new passenger wing & a wheel refurb though as the clones are shot.

Where is it? ninja

Literally 2 mins from me, 156k, he'll take £250.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, anything else wrong with it? I assume its a high tax one?
Thanks given by:
X reg, wing is fooked, wheels in awful condition, drivers seat wear, apparently gets a bit damp inside after heavy rain so poss door seal, remote locking doesn't work.

I've offered him £200 but he's got two viewings next week.
Thanks given by:
No RCL? I'm out then, not fixing any more damn door looms on 306s. lol
Thanks given by:
How would you have come and collected it anyway lol?!
Thanks given by:
Car courier needs to be factored into price obviously. Tax and insurance stops any collection these days even before my other issues.
Thanks given by:
In the end I went to see a 5 door hdi in moonstone today about 25 miles from me. 140k, inside and out is immaculate, full service history with tons of invoices, belt changed etc, 3 owners from new but all in the same family and the proof of that is on the invoices etc. everything works as it should, still pulls like it should, the only downside is rear windy windows haha! But I got it for a cracking price of 550 quid. Absolutely chuffed
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2015, 06:22 PM)aaron_one Wrote: In the end I went to see a 5 door hdi in moonstone today about 25 miles from me. 140k, inside and out is immaculate, full service history with tons of invoices, belt changed etc, 3 owners from new but all in the same family and the proof of that is on the invoices etc. everything works as it should, still pulls like it should, the only downside is rear windy windows haha! But I got it for a cracking price of 550 quid. Absolutely chuffed
Awesome! Sounds like a winner! Don't sweat the rear keep fit windows cos you'll never be in the back anyway lol
Pics?
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'll take some tomorrow when I pick it up but I'll upload one now if I can!

Edit: actually don't know how to upload one!
Thanks given by: