Clutch issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch issues
Hi Guys, 
 a few months after i changed my gearbox oil, i feel that something needs to be replaced.. release bearing or cable? when i stick a gear up, i feel the gear not smooth when it was when i changed the oil (May), i drive a lot in the city, so daily is 1,2,3,4 and 5 and 4,3,2...how can i diagnose what's the real problem..i can't afford if is a major issue.. Confused what advices can you give me?

Many thanks
Thanks given by:
What oil did you put in? These boxes tend to be a bit fussy about gearbox oil, if you used something else it's probably worth draining and refilling with the recommended fluid.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
comma say their oil is ok for 306 g/boxes, opinions please, so should I just get the pug stuff?
Thanks given by:
Direct from Peugeot is cheap enough to not worry about buying elsewhere
Thanks given by:
It's Total 75W-80 you want for PSA boxes.

Not sure what Pug want, but I tend to order a few litres at a time ( I have 3 Peugeots) from here.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
I did put Total 75w-80 in May, i was delighted with the gearbox, very soft and smooth...now since last month i feel a bit "crunchy" when a stick a gear up, when press the pedal i can hear a little squeak, i think is the release bearing...the car have 200k, i don't know when was been change the clutch
Thanks given by:
Honestly i would drain it and bang in some total BV 75w-80. I don't know why but these boxes seem to run shite on anything but that. Ive never seen a explanation as to why but i think just about every regular member on here has experienced it them selves so too much of a coincidence!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Have you removed the spring on the clutch pedal? Does sound like clutch problems.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-09-2015, 09:16 PM)Poodle Wrote: Have you removed the spring on the clutch pedal? Does sound like clutch problems.

Yeah i removed the spring after a couple weeks when i bought the car, the pedal slightly felt better, now after 1 year and 6 months, the pedal is softer i enjoy like it is, but it comes more to the top when i'm in traffic lights,etc... should be a tired clutch i presume..i don't have any history from the car...
Thanks given by:
I should think so.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: