write off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
write off
Can anyone help,  I think my car is a write off but if I was to buy it back, what would I need to do eg new mot

[Image: 20150921_184523.jpg] [Image: 20150921_184515.jpg]

It doesn't look to bad but fog light is hanging needs a new light, I can live with the rest as it's just a work horse, but if it needs more than a mot then I think it will end up at the scrappy,
Thanks given by:
from the looks of that, new/replace number plate, check headlight alignment, continue as if nothing is wrong... as long as you don't care for a while what it looks like, a couple of dents and missing hockey sticks won't stop an MOT going through, unsure if anything else (vic check?) is needed though, Cat D just fix / tell insurance about it / carry on iirc,
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Cheers, unfortunately the other guy is going through insurance, so I've had to contact mine, my excess is £400 so unsure if it's worth putting back on the road, I'm gutted as I loved this car
Thanks given by:
VIC check is no more after 1st October this year so will be repair & MOT.
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2015, 09:44 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: VIC check is no more after 1st October this year so will be repair & MOT.

That sounds good, lets hope the Insurance drags out a little bit lol
Thanks given by:
Whose fault is it and how much do you like the car. If you want to keep the car just tell them there is £400 worth of damage and you'll be repairing yourself and they might not even send an assessor or write it off. I've had a couple like that where other people have hit me.
Thanks given by:
Just don't get it mot'd until after the 1st lol, not like it's a long time away.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(21-09-2015, 09:58 PM)fgrc76 Wrote:
(21-09-2015, 09:44 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: VIC check is no more after 1st October this year so will be repair & MOT.

That sounds good, lets hope the Insurance drags out a little bit lol

only for vehicles crashed after that date, still needs a vic if its cat c.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
VICs aren't exactly arduous anway.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Anyone know roughly how much a VIC test cost, I did something like this years ago and I'm sure it was about £80,
Dum-Dum I think it'll go through as a 50-50, although the other party is blaming my misses, basically they both pull out onto a main road from opposite sides (crossroad and both turning right),
Thanks given by:
£41 but there really is no point doing it for the sake of waiting a week!
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2015, 06:58 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: £41 but there really is no point doing it for the sake of waiting a week!

Accident has already been reported, so If welshpug is right I'll have to get a vic test
Thanks given by:
Oh I see, I for some reason thought it was when the car is repaired but of course it's the moment it's written off. May be worth checking though as what if a car is written off today and someone doesn't repair it for a couple of years? They won't then VIC it surely?
Thanks given by:
they will have to if they want a v5c, you wont be able to tax it online.

you don't have to fix it even, its just a vic not an mot test.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I might just count my loses, my misses can cycle to work lol
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2015, 07:38 PM)welshpug Wrote: they will have to if they want a v5c, you wont be able to tax it online.

you don't have to fix it even, its just a vic not an mot test.

Sorry I meant they as in DVSA, surely if I buy a written off car tomorrow and don't get round to getting it back on the road for 10 years I won't be able to physically get a VIC check done if they're stopping them? 

I'm intrigued more than anything as I've only ever had a VIC done once a couple of years back.
Thanks given by:
You shouldn't have to pay your excess if you don't claim for your car, I didn't when I hit a mini, she claimed of my insurance as was a newer car but I didn't bother and just replaced the bits damaged simular to yours! No one came out to inspect my car and no excess was paid! Might be different on your insurance
Thanks given by:
I see where your coming from but as the accident has been registered, we might as well make a claim, once I find out what there going to offer us then I'll decide on whether to keep it, I doubt we'll get much though
Thanks given by:
I'll be buying the car back as insurance is offering sod all, I can't post in the wanted section so if anyone has the following for sale, please pm me, drivers side fog light and hockey stick, grill paint code EYCC preferred but not vital
many thanks
Thanks given by:
I have those bits in that colour mate, PM me if you still need Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2015, 03:28 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: I have those bits in that colour mate, PM me if you still need Smile

By the looks of it i can't pm you, i'll have another look a bit later as got to go out in a minute, yes i'm interested
Thanks given by:
Matt, I'll get back to you soon, need to spam some threads to get my posts over 100
Thanks given by:
Only need 8 more posts but its hard work arrggghhhhhh
Thanks given by:
It really isn't hard to post rubbish... lol
Thanks given by:
Very true lol
Thanks given by:
I post rubbish everyday!

Is it just me that doesn't see that as a write off?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know what your saying matt, I tried to cancel the claim but was to late, it's now off the road and is a cat C
Thanks given by:
Really? That's sucks man
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Happy days It's slowly getting there, replaced the following parts
headlight
Hockey stick
grill
number plate
fog light didn't need changing I just bodged it back in place lol
Bonnet I'll do eventually but in no rush, next up is MOT booked tomorrow at 9.30 doh

[Image: 20151009_145044.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well done mate

Mines cat c d atm and in the process of repairing it.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying a car (write off) advice Chris_90 27 5,061 26-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  How much to write an app? Redordead89 12 2,519 01-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
  A quick trackday write up... Chr1sch 7 2,396 31-10-2015, 11:15 PM
Last Post: adam b