The Scraper.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Scraper.
I think I have to name my Pug, The Scraper.

Pix were shot on Friday evening 'before' his bath, just to show what you can get for £250.  Big Grin

[Image: The%20Scraper.jpg]

[Image: Scrape%207.jpg]

[Image: Scrape%206.jpg]

[Image: Scrape%208.jpg]

[Image: Scrape%205.jpg]

[Image: Scrape%202.jpg]

[Image: Scrape%203.jpg]

Dunno what the brown blobs are. They didn't wash off with a soapy sponge.

[Image: Scrape%201.jpg]

[Image: Scrape%204.jpg]

[Image: Scrape%209.jpg]

The project is to eventually make this car 'ordinary'. (it may never happen  Blush )

First thing will be advice from a workmate who valets cars for a (£) hobby.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

WoW! That was cheap!  Inlove
Thanks given by:
Well....at least it was cheap... Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2015, 09:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well....at least it was cheap... Big Grin

Absolutely! And it's showing every sign of being a 50mpg-er too.  Wink
Thanks given by:
My 6 is in a similar condition. Sad How do you want to get rid of the scrapes?
Best regards,
André
Thanks given by:
It would seem that most 306's are magnets to tossers with hand held scrapey objects like keys :-(
I have one too but a bit less severe!
Pound land do lacquer pens for you guessed it £1 is that cheap or what!
The brown blobs are probs bitumen or tar and will go with a bit of sticky stuff remover! :-) not so cheap but very worthy!
The dent on the passenger wing would pop out pretty easily if you get your hand up between the arch liner and the wing itself! Keep your thumbs outside and find the hipline on the wing with as many of your fingertips as you can and pop it! You might break the paint and or laquer though so buy 2 lacquer pens while your there!
Thanks given by:
If you heat the paint first it should help avoid too much damage, so i've head anyway.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-09-2015, 04:50 PM)Poodle Wrote: If you heat the paint first it should help avoid too much damage, so i've head anyway.

Hi Poodle, I've heard this too but would tend to think it may become harder or more brittle with more heat, I've pulled out a few dents over the years but never used heat, probs more worried about damaging the paint with the heat though tbf!
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2015, 03:11 PM)Andre3000 Wrote: My 6 is in a similar condition. Sad How do you want to get rid of the scrapes?
Best regards,
André

LoL! I gave a mate a lift frim work and he said, "Wow, your new car's got lots of character!"  Rofl  ThumbsUp
 I'm waiting till I have a bit more money in the bank before I really start to think about any tricky restoration work.

But I might try Redordead's suggestion on the dent. Should be a laugh.  TMI
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2015, 09:35 PM)Redordead89 Wrote:
(22-09-2015, 04:50 PM)Poodle Wrote: If you heat the paint first it should help avoid too much damage, so i've head anyway.

Hi Poodle, I've heard this too but would tend to think it may become harder or more brittle with more heat, I've pulled out a few dents over the years but never used heat, probs more worried about damaging the paint with the heat though tbf!

Nope, paint softens with heat. Use a hairdryer and get it as hot as you dare before spraying it with cold compressed air or CO2, the cooling shrinks the metal and shocks the dent out. There's guides on youtube.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
This is definatley a project to watch, very interested how this comes out
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
As an alternative....wait until one in the right colour comes up on ebay for breaking or put a wanted ad up on here and make an offer on all the bits that have dents or scuffs in eg. bumper, wing, skirts etc. then just swap them all. 306 panels can be had for so little if you're patient.

That way there wouldn't be any complicated paint work and you'd be left with a reasonably tidy car.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2015, 06:44 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(22-09-2015, 09:35 PM)Redordead89 Wrote:

Nope, paint softens with heat. Use a hairdryer and get it as hot as you dare before spraying it with cold compressed air or CO2, the cooling shrinks the metal and shocks the dent out. There's guides on youtube.

Cheers Johnny, good to know that!
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2015, 03:11 PM)Andre3000 Wrote: My 6 is in a similar condition. Sad How do you want to get rid of the scrapes?
Best regards,
André

A late answer Andre is, I'm not going to worry about the scrapes. I'm 62 and have stopped caring about how good my car looks.  Rolleyes The Pug is cheaper than taking the bus/train to work, so if it lets me pay the bills and look after my 18yr old cat, it's good enough.
 Not so long ago though, ( hmm, I just checked, it was 2003 ! ) I had a lovely Cavalier V6, in a pearlescent dark green with full leather interior. I took good care of it over the 5 years I was driving it. I had it valeted, fully serviced right after I bought it, bought some 16" 10 spoke wheels with tires to match, had a stainless steel full exhaust made up with twin tail pipes, fitted Koni adjustable dampers and lowered Eibach springs, new brakes all round. Any scratches were fixed with a similar method to a pro seen on a YT video. It was a love affair!  Heart
Thanks given by:
Not bad money for a GLX HDi even if it is tatty.
TBH i'd leave it battered looking as people are less likely to pull out on you or cut you up if your car looks like you'll just hit them
Thanks given by:
jeez, that previous owner must have been a (insert word here)
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2015, 05:29 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: jeez, that previous owner must have been a (insert word here)

Woman.
 Who's ex vandalised her car. Though it did have a few minor bumps over the years and the farmyards etc.
Thanks given by:
I only paid £150 for my w reg 1.4 merridian and apart from the driver's seat the only bodywork that could do with attention is a scrape on the back bumper
Thanks given by:
Nice and cheap,nothing to be lost on it Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2016, 03:17 PM)7057sam Wrote: Nice and cheap,nothing to be lost on it Big Grin

Mine's paid for itself by being totally reliable and with excellent economy doing the duties over xmas, new year and my mum's b-day in Feb. That was 1500+ just for 3 occasions.

I washed it yesterday. Tongue
Thanks given by: