Astor hdi daily

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astor hdi daily
I was going to go full blown stage 2 but screw it. Just bang a Valeo in there and be done with it lol. 

Besides, I have a very expensive parcel arriving for the gti6 that's going to need my attention Wink
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Tbf would love to see you do it properly on a helix or similar, but anything from cg on these is a waste of time imo.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(10-11-2015, 06:20 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: I was going to go full blown stage 2 but screw it. Just bang a Valeo in there and be done with it lol. 

Besides, I have a very expensive parcel arriving for the gti6 that's going to need my attention Wink

Oh yeah dude you definitely need to whatsapp me on my 'end of the month' phone lol   got a little nugget of information Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Hi any one no how to post stuff for sale as breaking stage 2 306 hdi d turbo
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2015, 06:25 PM)zafira2014 Wrote: Hi any one no how to post stuff for sale as breaking stage 2 306 hdi d turbo

You need to have a certain amount of posts before you can post in the sale section i think
Thanks given by:
Oh ok thanks
Thanks given by:
Finally cleaned 3 months worth of mud and soot off, seemed like it was about an inch deep up the sides and boot lmao

Looks pretty good clean tbf, even at tractor ride height. 

Changing the clutch again tomorrow morning and praying that's the last of my friction issues 

[Image: IMG_20151115_165733_zpsuxjnut8c.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Looking tidy mate, lets hope it behaves once the clutch is fitted how its clean Smile
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2015, 06:42 PM)Frosty Wrote: Looking tidy mate, lets hope it behaves once the clutch is fitted how its clean Smile

Got a genuine Valeo kit to go in now and see how it behaves. Looking forward to seeing what's been happening inside the box for a paddle clutch to die so quickly
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_20151117_195314_zps1kn9gmic.jpg]

Second clutch change of the month done and bedded in.  No problems at all so far with a Valeo in. 

Cambelt to do on robs astor hdi today then I think this one needs to be hit with the lowering stick :p
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Spent an evening organising for tomorrow:

Gti6 calipers taken apart, cleaned, greased and reassembled with new pads and sliders (after 2 hours drilling an old seized one out of the carrier) 

Replacement rear beam cleaned up, gti6 arb cleaned and fitted, disc heat shields replaced, new discs and new beam mounts. 

For the front  new track rod ends, new top mounts, 40mm lowering springs and a powerflex lower engine mount. 

Busy day  tomorrow
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Your a tart!

And you owe me a slider pin Wink my poor parts rallye lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I think ive got a spare slider pin kicking about i can bring to christmas meet if you really just need the 1
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I just needed a slider to get the brakes back together, one of those ultra annoying things that happen when you're in the middle of something as always. But thanks Matt, don't know what I'd do without being able to come over and temporarily relieve you of Peugeot parts :p

Beam was knocking alot so decided to go ahead and do it:

Gti6 beam with 21mm torsion bars built up to replace the cambered tractor height beam.  It's had a replacement beam before in the service history but it's not a gti6/dturbo beam, piddley little arb and torsion bars off a cabby by the looks, lowred what I hope is about 40mm on the new one :Smile

[Image: 20151121_131051_zpsm0o4xwoq.jpg]

Beam on with new pads and discs, shocks, brake hoses and a new line that I had to make since the original snapped,  new beam mounts and exhaust clamps. 
[Image: 20151121_185358_zps8wyafmfb.jpg]

On the front I've got some gti180 shocks that I figured would be a better option than the leaking originals, new top mounts and bearings, new droplinks, 40mm lowering springs, new discs and Mintex 1144 pads, 6 calipers and brake hoses. 

Pictures to follow tomorrow when it's back on its wheels Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Now its time to sell it or crash it Tongue

Good effort fella Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
106 rallye looks nice
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2015, 09:15 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: 106 rallye looks nice

Emphasis on 'Looks' there Tongue

Good work zakk! this thing is slowly coming together Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Aha, from about 30ft away the rallye looks great, until you see the shit paint condition and rust :p I've moved it from the back the other night in an attempt to make a start on it finally haha.

In other news, the hdi is almost 100 percent, need to bleed a tiny bit of air out of the brakes tonight, but the new beam has certainly done it's job, totally different car to drive now
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Since it's been behaving so well for the last few thousand miles I treated it to new tyres, had the tracking issues sorted and did some astor masks headlights. Looks alright now I guess. Might lower the back another 5mm or so yet as a 306 doesn't quite look right with the front and rear completely level aha 

[Image: IMG_20151130_192205_zpsaqc6tllp.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Decided that the knackered lower engine mount was the source of an ongoing knock I've been hearing so whipped it out last night and fitted a powerflex mount in there in its place. The old one had snapped out of the shell and I was able to push it out by hand haha. 

Much better now though, acceleration is much improved and the knock has gone :Smile

Just a wheel bearing to sort now... 

[Image: 20151210_201325_zpskmwrrzej.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Oh dear that does look f*cked lol. Never had one i can push out by hand yet although my lower mount is getting there.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Wow yeah that's pretty far gone, must have been horrible to drive. lmao
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
How you finding the power flex bush on a HDi?
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2015, 08:33 AM)Frosty Wrote: How you finding the power flex bush on a HDi?

It rattles the glove box lid quite badly but it feels a million times better to drive than before. All of the torque actually goes to the wheels now instead of twisting the engine around lol

(12-12-2015, 08:15 AM)Poodle Wrote: Wow yeah that's pretty far gone, must have been horrible to drive. lmao

The engine moved so much the exhaust kept hitting the subframe lol
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
That last glory pic looks great mate. So pleased you've got it all working.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2015, 09:27 PM)Orta Wrote: That last glory pic looks great mate. So pleased you've got it all working.

Thanks mate Smile

(12-12-2015, 09:27 PM)Orta Wrote: That last glory pic looks great mate. So pleased you've got it all working.

Thanks mate Smile

Replaced the wheel bearing earlier. All went well until it came to refit the brake caliper and had a bit of an issue with a stripped thread. 

The 12x1.5 thread was too far gone so I've drilled it out, put a new shoulder on the hole and cut a 12x1.75 thread and an insert. Longest it's probably ever taken someone to refit a 306 hub and the biggest pain in the arse but it saved having to get a new hub
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Small issue yesterday, went to overtake a car going up hill, started coaling like I've never believed possible from an hdi then it died. Right on the inside of a blind corner! 

Got it back home after it eventually started and it seemed that injector number 4 had blown it's seal and sprayed diesel bloody everywhere! 

New seals and yet another set of injectors and it's all good again. Always a constant journey of repairs it seems but I still love it :p
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
lmao i am actually starting to like this car becuase of its broad range of fuelling issues lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2015, 08:31 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: lmao i am actually starting to like this car becuase of its broad range of fuelling issues lol

Every journey is a gamble if I'll see an engine management light :lmao

Extra points for breaking down after just overtaking a seat cupra haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
This is going to be like trigger's broom eventually. lmao
What shit luck you're having with it
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by: