Astor hdi daily

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astor hdi daily
Thought I'd update this since I've been having lovely trouble free motoring for the last 12k (touch wood) 

All its needed really is basic service stuff and a driveshaft, pretty happy with that considering its just hit 258k Smile

When it's clean the bodywork is slightly better than the gti6 which is kind of annoying haha 

[Image: IMG_20160403_173954_zpsnt4un51k.jpg]

New wheels coming soon as Ive grown bored of the cyclones
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
NICE!!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Very nice, wish I had a 3dr Astor HDI lol That's really reliable for a 306 on 248k ahah, what wheels are on the way? Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2016, 07:59 PM)MY95 Wrote: Very nice, wish I had a 3dr Astor HDI lol That's really reliable for a 306 on 248k ahah, what wheels are on the way? Smile

258k ;Wink

Basically everything has been replaced by now apart from the engine and bodywork haha 

Been on the lookout for some 16" steels for ages and finally found the perfect set from zx_volcane that I collected today. Just got to get them powder coated white now Wink
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2016, 08:20 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 07:59 PM)MY95 Wrote: Very nice, wish I had a 3dr Astor HDI lol That's really reliable for a 306 on 248k ahah, what wheels are on the way? Smile

258k ;Wink

Basically everything has been replaced by now apart from the engine and bodywork haha 

Been on the lookout for some 16" steels for ages and finally found the perfect set from zx_volcane that I collected today. Just got to get them powder coated white now Wink

My bad ahah, all suspension components etc? make a list aha! you've been busy aha! c5 light ones or just standard steelies? Looks really well on clones the car does! Smile
Thanks given by:
i was going to buy them off him a while ago but had no money Sad kept my current wheels for now along with a track set. will look good powdercoated white on this i think. also has to be quite low to pull them off imo. which i dont have for mine as its a daily.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2016, 08:26 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: i was going to buy them off him a while ago but had no money Sad kept my current wheels for now along with a track set. will look good powdercoated white on this i think. also has to be quite low to pull them off imo. which i dont have for mine as its a daily.

I'm still undecided between white or oem silver but I'm a huge fan of 106 rallye steels so probably going to end up white in all honesty ?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Here's a link to Scotts old Astor on white 16" steels if it's any help:

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=16078
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2016, 08:25 PM)MY95 Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 08:20 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:

258k ;Wink

My bad ahah, all suspension components etc? make a list aha! you've been busy aha! c5 light ones or just standard steelies? Looks really well on clones the car does! Smile

Well since I've had it, so far I've done:
Cambelt, pulleys and waterpump 
High pressure fuel pump when it started to play up 
Fitted a gti6 rear beam, 21mm torsion lowered 50mm 
Standard gti6 shocks front and rear (soon replacing with the koni stuff im taking off the gti6) 
50mm lowering springs 
New engine mounts 
Gti6 brakes and new hoses, Mintex 1144 compound pads and brembo discs front and rear 
Replaced a load of interior bits for better condition ones 
Replaced a door mirror that was smashed off by a lady garden in a polo driving on the wrong side of the road 
Decent tyres 
Black masks 
Gti6 splitter 
Replaced the rear wiper motor 
Replaced a driveshaft 
2 clutches (first was a paddle clutch that would just not ever bed in so replaced it for a Valeo) 
About 3 different maps, currently using a pretty aggressive Mr whippy stage 1+

That's about it I think other than stuff like oil changes and wipers etc

(10-04-2016, 08:49 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Here's a link to Scotts old Astor on white 16" steels if it's any help:

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=16078

I think that's me sold on white, should look great with 16" and the slightly bigger holes than a c5 steel 

They're the ultra illusive 406 executive steel wheels, direct fit with no spacers required, 7j and the right offset for a 306 to fill the arches a little better than cyclones
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
You've done quite a bit to it then, that looks lovely on white steelies! 7j.... do I hear brembos calling Wink
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2016, 09:16 PM)MY95 Wrote: You've done quite a bit to it then, that looks lovely on white steelies! 7j.... do I hear brembos calling Wink

Nah, gti6 brakes and good pads are plenty good enough for a daily diesel, only future plans for upgrading will be to get an intercooler on
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Nice choice of wheels, that's the set I bought brand new off pug about 3 years ago I don't think white and Astor go but each to their own.
Thanks given by:
Save modding this and finish the gti6 and 106 wallye lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If im honest zakk broseph...

306's look f*cking gash on steels lmao Just stick with nice alloys!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2016, 11:03 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 09:16 PM)MY95 Wrote: You've done quite a bit to it then, that looks lovely on white steelies! 7j.... do I hear brembos calling Wink

Nah, gti6 brakes and good pads are plenty good enough for a daily diesel, only future plans for upgrading will be to get an intercooler on

Fair dos, GTI6 brakes will be plenty enough, im still on 266s on my daily and they stop you very well. Intercooler/stage 2 on 258k+ sounds risky though! But sounds good Smile bringing this to any shows this summer?
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2016, 08:40 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: If im honest zakk broseph...

Glad it's not just me that thinks this! lol
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2016, 06:24 AM)Piggy Wrote: Save modding this and finish the gti6 and 106 wallye lol

The mileage I do in this I want it to be nice lmao

The 6 is getting done in bits now and then :p

(11-04-2016, 08:40 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: If im honest zakk broseph...

You know they'd look good on the rallye, the wheels they should've been on like all the rallyes before :p

(11-04-2016, 08:46 AM)MY95 Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 11:03 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:

Fair dos, GTI6 brakes will be plenty enough, im still on 266s on my daily and they stop you very well. Intercooler/stage 2 on 258k+ sounds risky though! But sounds good Smile bringing this to any shows this summer?

It'll be alright haha, if it's lasted this long it'll handle it :p 
It's just a van really, don't intend on bringing it to any shows unless the gti isn't finished lol
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Fitted my new steels tonight to see how I liked them on the car, pretty pleased really 

[Image: IMG_20160412_195615_zpsgagyvsq5.jpg]

Just need to decide on a new colour and get some summer tyres fitted next
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
That looks really smart! Keep them black IMO! Smile
Thanks given by:
Soz...prefer the clones Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Steels FTW mate, welcome to the Steel Wheel Mafia
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
i am a fan of steels looking good mate
Thanks given by:
Damn looking good, already have sellers remorse.
Thanks given by:
Looking awsome mate,have nt got any spare astor panels ??

Should probably stop being a tight arse and get resprayed lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
If they made genuine dunlop sport steelies in a nice wide 15 or 16 then yes... those round holed things look so wrong on a 306!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by: