supercharger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
supercharger
Possibly expecting to get laughed at/slated here but if you don't ask you don't find stuff out. My question is: would it be feasible to scrap the turbo on my d turbo engine and use a positive displacement supercharger instead? I know they have been used in compound setups but not by themselves? Surely if you could get close to 20psi with a good flow and intercooler then decent power levels and epic response could be achieved?
Thanks given by:
of course its possible. im not the person to ask though. probally be far more expensive than a turbo though. i did briefly look into it then gave up if im honest
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
It is possible.
Little pointless thats all.

20psi? Possible with a standard turbo.

More efficient 20psi... Easy upgrade to a more modern turbo using same oil feed/drain and a quick bit of work to make an adapter plate
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
you aint going to see 20 psi with a charger unless is a rotrex but lets be honest there just belt driven turbos Wink you wont see 20psi from a m45 but maybe a yank m90 or above but they are big old things! The more you rev a charger the less efficient it becomes.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 10:14 PM)Stef205 Wrote: you aint going to see 20 psi with a charger unless is a rotrex but lets be honest there just belt driven turbos Wink you wont see 20psi from a m45 but maybe a yank m90 or above but they are big old things! The more you rev a charger the less efficient it becomes.

This was my thought but was hoping you would comment... Not expert on s/c!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
watch some Top fuel Drag racing maybe?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
With low boost you see 7 psi and high 13 max
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
From a bit of research the m90s are capable of 20 psi, but I don't think it would be worth the hassle to get it. Cheers for info though guys
Thanks given by:
I run an M90 on my C20XE engine and believe me at 20psi it would need some serious cooling. I'm struggling with mine at 10psi and I have a big charge cooler. The other issue to consider is an Eaton M90 takes 45hp to drive it at 7000 rpm. They do make for a very drivable engine though and flat torque curve. If i were using one on an XUD it would be the Eaton M62.
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2015, 10:36 AM)PartyJas Wrote: I run an M90 on my C20XE engine and believe me at 20psi it would need some serious cooling. I'm struggling with mine at 10psi and I have a big charge cooler. The other issue to consider is an Eaton M90 takes 45hp to drive it at 7000 rpm. They do make for a very drivable engine though and flat torque curve. If i were using one on an XUD it would be the Eaton M62.

Sounds like you have a bad charger then i use a m90 at well above 10psi i see 8 deg air temps and this is on its stock pulley. M62 will be utterly useless as for one it has a clutched 100mm pulley! making around 4psi! If your coating has gone this will be a big part of your temp issue.
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
Is yours a Gen3 or Gen5 charger and is it a stock body or ported.?
Not all M62's had the clutched pulley. Mainly the ones found on Mercedes.
Thanks given by:
Gen 3 all stock.
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What supercharger Cbray2003 4 1,159 15-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Cbray2003