V5c Log Book Rule Changes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V5c Log Book Rule Changes
I had no idea about this change that apparently happened a month ago.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/enthusiast...lsignoutmd
Thanks given by:
Makes sense. 
I took a private reg off my car last week. Normally i have to fill in a v317, send off v5 and mot then wait a few weeks. Now you just do it online and it's immedietely taken off and new v5 is sent through the post, old mot with old reg remains valid.

They do need a better way to make motorists aware of new changes
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2015, 07:51 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Makes sense. 
I took a private reg off my car last week. Normally i have to fill in a v317, send off v5 and mot then wait a few weeks. Now you just do it online and it's immedietely taken off and new v5 is sent through the post, old mot with old reg remains valid.

They do need a better way to make motorists aware of new changes

I agree its a good idea just how many people knew about it though as u said they need to make motorists aware in a better way.
Thanks given by:
I'm literally looking for the cheapest stamps online to post the V5 I filled in today...

So it can be done for free online? Why haven't they told anyone this!? Confused
Thanks given by:
My friend from work didn't realise that you didn't have to display a tax disc any more
Thanks given by:
Does that mean change of address etc can be done online too?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
So I've just used this service, quick and easy to use, very user friendly (better than the tax one tbh!). Also means no-one has to decipher handwriting which inevitably ends in the wrong spelling. lol

Matt, there was nothing about change of address, looks like you still need to post the V5 for that.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2015, 07:10 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: My friend from work didn't realise that you didn't have to display a tax disc any more

Haha one of the guys at work had a big argument with our lease company when he just received a letter saying your car is taxed but you will not get a disc (in all fairness it was a badly worded letter, i got the same and only knew because i was aware of the changes). He was trying to tell them they will have to come and get the car because he's not having a untaxed car sitting on the road outside his house lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
And more goodness is due to come

I can take a private plate abd re assign it to a new car in the space of five minutes
Thanks given by:
makes sense changing that too, not sure why they didn't change it when they did the tax. I recon they will do away with all paper stuff shortly. Mot cert wont be long before it will be done online and you don't get a bit of paper.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2015, 09:02 PM)procta Wrote: makes sense changing that too, not sure why they didn't change it when they did the tax. I recon they will do away with all paper stuff shortly. Mot cert wont be long before it will be done online and you don't get a bit of paper.

The paper is just a sheet of A4 that anyone can modify, so wouldn't be suprised as most people check it online anyway. I always do an mot history check before viewing a car
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2015, 10:55 PM)Iceman299 Wrote:
(05-09-2015, 09:02 PM)procta Wrote: makes sense changing that too, not sure why they didn't change it when they did the tax. I recon they will do away with all paper stuff shortly. Mot cert wont be long before it will be done online and you don't get a bit of paper.

The paper is just a sheet of A4 that anyone can modify, so wouldn't be suprised as most people check it online anyway. I always do an mot history check before viewing a car

shame that you need more info to view what it failed on, unless that's changed now. as you needed a mot number or something, I  know you can check if it is due to expire. 
As I am pretty sure that the car I bought last year to replace the red one had a questionable Mot so that it could be sold on.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2015, 11:49 PM)procta Wrote:
(05-09-2015, 10:55 PM)Iceman299 Wrote:

shame that you need more info to view what it failed on, unless that's changed now. as you needed a mot number or something, I  know you can check if it is due to expire. 
As I am pretty sure that the car I bought last year to replace the red one had a questionable Mot so that it could be sold on.

Mot test number or v5c ref number. Just ask the seller for the former and check the details online prior to viewing
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Face book pug306driver 1 863 19-10-2021, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Haynes "Max power" book... ekjdm14 4 1,680 09-04-2021, 02:20 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  i'll just get my cheque book ozmonster 9 1,774 19-04-2015, 08:09 PM
Last Post: r3k1355