Desperately need help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperately need help!
(04-09-2015, 10:03 AM)pug306driver Wrote: 3 hours sitting in traffic! did the fans come on??

what temp did the gauge reach and is its needle now bent lol, no malice only joking.....

with heater off how high did the temp gauge go??

and, what colour is the coolant now, over

Here u go mate [Image: a6716c1b94af554ca4178be8e80927b0.jpg][Image: 4a676a913163b3e5bc610da45f3be68e.jpg][Image: 043a73c023ab8020ee53a61de778c9c5.jpg]https://vimeo.com/138330575[Image: 1581c1c21d2d05bcf6468aec77d622fb.jpg] need any more let me knoe

If the video don't work pm me and will try send it to you
Thanks given by:
I can highly recommend krisb, the work he's done for me has been flawless and he knows what he's doing
Smile
Thanks given by:
[Image: 994fd7b48d22669a60b20a8ec77ef270.jpg] when I squeeze this Hose and put my ear near the bottle I can hear air escaping this ain't normal surely
Thanks given by:
yes its normal for air to escape if you squeeze a hose.

bubbles fizzing like that in the expansion tank makes me think HG.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
In picture 2 of the rad cap, where you can see some pink marks, is there a flat rubber ring/ gasket a couple of mm thick? If not there should be!
Thanks given by:
there is no rubber gasket!!!! And worse today I was diving and both my foot wells filled up with red hot coolant!
Thanks given by:
Oops, well that's the heater matrix failed then...

Can't have been nice to 'dive' into. Wink
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2015, 06:35 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: In picture 2 of the rad cap, where you can see some pink marks, is there a flat rubber ring/ gasket a couple of mm thick? If not there should be!

no there should not, the seal on the end is the only one it has.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2015, 07:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Oops, well that's the heater matrix failed then...

Can't have been nice to 'dive' into. Wink

Yer ur telling me whole dash out! So that car off road for few days till I have time to do it!
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2015, 02:50 PM)pug306driver Wrote: the underside of the new pug exp tank cap please, it has a ring seal to seal the cap to the exp tank top lip??, not the spring seal pressure seal bit........a seal to stop coolant from leaking past the very top of the exp tank and cap, overflow seal......

(05-09-2015, 07:57 PM)welshpug Wrote:
(05-09-2015, 06:35 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: In picture 2 of the rad cap, where you can see some pink marks, is there a flat rubber ring/ gasket a couple of mm thick? If not there should be!

I've had many caps and 306's over the years and can defo remember there being a rubber seal up in there!
Thanks given by:

So should there be one or not?
Thanks given by:
I'll go have a wee peek at mine now!
Nope Welshpugs right no rubber gasket in my 1.6 tu cap! Although the last time I replaced one it was on my old Hdi and the old cap had the rubber ring and the new one didn't so I swapped it out to the new one!
Wierd maybe the previous owner of my Hdi put it in there as the matrix ended up gone on that car too!
Sorry about your matrix bud that's a gutter :-(

Think your right bud! No upper seal ring on my current cap!
Thanks given by:
Fuckin pissed me ryt off! Gutted I am! So shouldn't have a seal on it then?
Thanks given by:
When I got my replacement cap I got it from my sisters work ( FPS ) and I had a look at the microfiche that day and there was no seal / ring on the fiche so probs not! I just put it in the new cap cos there was one there before!
Gutted for you bud cos its such a pain of a job to be forced upon u!
I'm dicing with a similar disaster looming on my 307 hdi110 now too so feeling your pain!:-(
Thanks given by:
The exp tank cap. a seal between the tank top lip and the cap would stop coolant "overflow" leak at the cap, so it don't dribble out, down the exp tank and then over the alternator......that kink in the overflow pipe don't help.......

cant see video, but with stat out you get lots of bubbles in expansion tank, when system has been blead, and the engine running...?? suggests head gasket or worse........

heater matrix leaking, sounds a fun job replacing that?

did you get the bubbles sniff tested? I assume the list was followed and all stuff mentioned on it ok?
Thanks given by: